pennyandgill

Just wanted to say Hi.. arriving mid Feb 2015!!

Hi everyone,

It's been absolutely chaos for us over the last few weeks and it doesn't feel like reality that we will be arriving on 19th Feb to start our new life in Adelaide! We keep thinking that we are just going for a long holiday! We have some accommodation booked in Walkerville for a few weeks and then it's down to us...

We've been watching the forum from a far which has been great for info, opinions and to see how others have done it, and would be great to become a part of it and share our experiences too! I could certainly start by saying the 457 visa process wasn't as pain sailing as we first thought!

Here's to many more happy posts!

From a very excited and scared Gill & Penny

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Couldn't think where Walkerville was, looked it up :) Appears close to the city, a good starting point I often think. Arriving when you do there will be lots going on with the Fringe and I think Womadelaide running also. You'll be able to get all your day to day stuff done, start the rental looking etc and then go explore the Fringe and see some shows in the evenings. Plus get a feel for the city and parklands. And enjoy some further afield exploring :)

Looking forward to hearing how you get on :)

Thanks snifter! Yes, we are glad we are close to the city to begin with until we get a car(s) sorted and ideal timing with the Fridge starting that weekend! Can't wait, we couldn't have timed that better if we tried!

Walkerville is a lovely suburb and a great central location to start off in. We drive through fairly often when my OH attemps a short cut home (usually ends up taking twice as long but there you go). Great time of year to arrive with plenty going off. If you need any help with anything just ask :cute: