Sign in to follow this  
Guest colette

Arriving next in 10 days time

Guest colette

Hi

We arrive in Adelaide on 21st May and I have rented a holiday apartment for 9 days when we then hope to rent a coastal place before buying. My husband and I are taking early retirement from the Civil Service and are looking forward to our new adventure. However there are times when I panic but then that is only natural. We have lived in Jamaica, Nigeria, India and Ukraine so we know it will all sort itself out in a few months. We are retirees (aged mid 50s) so if there is anyone out there who can offer words of advice etc we would welcome it.

Can anyone advise on good/competitive car insurance as we hope to buy a car before we go so that will ease up some of the stress of moving. Any advice?????

Cheers

Colette

Guest colette

Thanks for the links. We have lived abroad but it was on my husband's postings where everything was laid on for us. This is a bit different as the kids are grown up and we will arrive without knowing anyone. Having said all that we are so excited and determined to make it work. The first six months will be a little chaotic but the reason we want to move is for the lifestyle and the friendliness of the people.

Once again thanks again for the links

Cheers

Colette:D

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Good luck with the move hope it goes really well for you