Guest Sharoneden

Recent arrival, plumbing quals questions

Guest Sharoneden

Hi Guys,

Myself and my family have been here for about 4 weeks now, we have come to understand that my husbands plumbing qualifications from the UK don't count and that he will have to do them here. Is the taffe college the best bet? Does anone have any advise ? Or plumbing contacts ? He is job hunting now so is anyone knows of someone who would take him on please reply. We are living in Marino and have bought a house in Seacombe Gardens so preferably fairly local but would be willing to travel. Cheers

Edited by snifter
    remove user name from title

Gosh, you didn't waste any time - arriving and buying, at least you know where you are :) It took us over a year to decide where we wanted to live and even then it was a lot like stick a pin in the map...

I hope you settle quickly and your husband finds work (although I can't help with plumbing at all sorry).

Hi Guys,

Myself and my family have been here for about 4 weeks now, we have come to understand that my husbands plumbing qualifications from the UK don't count and that he will have to do them here. Is the taffe college the best bet? Does anone have any advise ? Or plumbing contacts ? He is job hunting now so is anyone knows of someone who would take him on please reply. We are living in Marino and have bought a house in Seacombe Gardens so preferably fairly local but would be willing to travel. Cheers

Hi sharon, I can't help with any plumbing contacts but I just wanted to say that we are in a similar situation. We arrived 5 months ago on a skilled state sponsorship only to find that hubby's lift mechanic qualifications aren't recognised here either. He's having to retrain and is working as a trade assistant at the moment... Perhaps try PEER For the plumbing training. Good luck.

Ps, we are only up the road from you in Brighton :biggrin: