Kerriandcarl

Visa Granted !!!!

Thanks.....husband's work want him out asap so looking at coming over week of the 16th March & l'll tie up everything here & follow him out with kids

Thats just around the corner! Exciting times for you all.

How long do you think it'll take you to wrap things up after he heads over? I don't know your situation but it is possible to do it within a month or so, perhaps 6 weeks to allow time to pull it all together. When we got down to the actual planning and organising, all the things we'd researched were easy to fit into place. If we had needed to we could have done pretty much everything within a month apart from our shipping as that was a MoveCube and those get booked up way ahead so we booked that 12 weeks ahead of when we wanted it. But shipping with a removal company, they were happy with 3-4 weeks notice.

Snifter lm actually starting to panic about pulling everything together & organising 3 kids & a dog. Our house is up for sale so once that is sold l can start to look at dates. House only been on market for a week & had a few viewers one couple a interested....so fingers crossed. Got some viewers tomorrow as well. :-)

Congratulations! Now the fun starts lol! We had all that to sort in August during the kids school holidays. Thankfully my husbands company wanted to move us all together, the down side of that being we had to to sort it all in two weeks so I feel for you having to deal with it on your own. Are you bringing doggy with you? :smile:

All good so far, been nearly 6 months now and we're finally starting to feel settled (although we're still partly surrounded by boxes lo!l). We desperately wanted to bring our cat Alfie but he hadn't had his rabies jab and we didn't have the 3 grand quoted to transport him, We had to re-home him with a friend in the end. He's having a ball but he's missed :( I promise you, all the stress and panic will be forgotten once you're on that plane. Have you got any specific suburbs you want to look at once you get here, by the time it was time for us to leave I'd Googled myself stupid lol!! ;) x

Hi nikianx73, what suburb are you currently in? Glad to hear you have settled in. We are moving over in May argh!! Xx

All good so far, been nearly 6 months now and we're finally starting to feel settled (although we're still partly surrounded by boxes lo!l). We desperately wanted to bring our cat Alfie but he hadn't had his rabies jab and we didn't have the 3 grand quoted to transport him, We had to re-home him with a friend in the end. He's having a ball but he's missed :( I promise you, all the stress and panic will be forgotten once you're on that plane. Have you got any specific suburbs you want to look at once you get here, by the time it was time for us to leave I'd Googled myself stupid lol!! ;) x

Hi mazza

we did our application through an agency. We started the whole process last June , my partner had to do his IELTS test and his skilled assessment to gain his Australian qualification in carpentery. We submitted our visa application in November and was assigned case officer in January, we then did medicals and police checks and have been granted now. So it has taken less than a year for us but I suppose it depends what visa your coming over on - ours is a 189 .