NicF

Clipsal 500

Not if you paid me! We were at The Garden of Unearthly Delights last year and the noise from Clipsal was horrendous - smell of petrol was foul as well. I felt so sorry for the performers who were struggling to make themselves heard over the din...

I can fully understand. I work on North Terrace, but back a fair bit from the street, and we could hear the cars pretty clearly last year.

Not if you paid me! We were at The Garden of Unearthly Delights last year and the noise from Clipsal was horrendous - smell of petrol was foul as well. I felt so sorry for the performers who were struggling to make themselves heard over the din...

I forgot about the clash with that running. Both are big draws for different reasons, though I guess the TV coverage for the motor sport for the Clipsal is big news elsewhere in Aus.

Hubby wanted to go but I'm not fussed. Plus if its going to be a hot few days I'd rather not be out in it like that for extended periods.

I've said to him if he wants to go next year or whenever he is more than welcome but I'll take the opportunity to have some 'me' time and make other plans.

I guess we'll watch the big race on TV, maybe at a friends for a BBQ. I know some have planned their entire weekend around it all :cute:

Guest wen66

We are petrol heads and missing Brands Hatch, so yes, we're going. Sunday looks a little cooler...hopefully ;-)