Densrene

Subclass 103

Please can anyone help with this request, has anyone applied for a 103 off shore aged parent visa and is there a bridging visa until it is granted. Many thanks

Please can anyone help with this request, has anyone applied for a 103 off shore aged parent visa and is there a bridging visa until it is granted. Many thanks

As a rule long vistor visas are avialable for parents who have applied for a subclass 103, which is a parent visa for which no bridging visa is available.

Edited by wrussell
    sp

I think you have your terms mixed up- the 103 is not an Aged visa- you can apply offshore for the 103 if not 'aged' but no bridging visa is attached.

If you qualify for the Aged version , you can apply onshore in Australia & get a Bridging Visa granted. This is the 804 visa.

however this visa may not be open for long, so apply soonest if this is your chosen option.

It's a while since my mum was looking at this route but like @freesia said you can apply for the 804 onshore and get a bridging visa, it's a sneaky way in so I can see them closing the doors to this soon. Also when you come over on a tourist visa if you end up with a no further stay attached you can't apply for this.