Guest Dallas

In My Opinion

Guest Dallas

I have read a few things in this forum and thought I would thow my 2p in. I am an Adelaide boy living in Nottingham with my wife and kids. My wife Nikki and two kids have spent a total of 3 weeks in Australia and it's fair to say Nikki is very nervous about the impending move. We are moving to Adelaide in October. The things I am looking forward to when I we get there are as follows,

• The more relaxed pace of life.
    • The sense of space and open area's.
    • The weather.
    • The ability to say, lets go to the beach after school or work and it not being more than 20 minutes away.
    • Rush hour lasting for an hour!
    • A safer place to bring up a family. (crime is everywhere however I am quite happy for bikers to shoot each other I just don't want my kids shot, stabbed or mugged)
    • Having the kids walk home from school with a friend that wants to play without it being planned 6 weeks in advance!!
    • Going to the footy with the family, when you sit in a ground that holds 50,000 people and they are all mixed in together chearing on their own team its a wonderful experience. (Go the crows) Check it out!
    • A positive future for my kids. (England is a beautiful country and we intend to get back as regularly as possible to visit however in my opinion it is heading down a path that in 10-15 years time time will not be a place I want to be living)
    • Taking friends and family when they visit from the UK up to the Barossa, Clare, McLaren Vale, on a Houseboat, over to Kangaroo Island, down to Victor Harbor and if I get my ani Victorian injection along the Great Ocean Road to visit Melbourne, or just sit out the back enjoying a BBQ.
    • Proper blue sky
    • Not talking about the weather!!

I can't wait.

Dallas

PS Good luck to all of you thinking about going down, as I have said to my wife and her family on many occasions, Australia and Adelaide are full of people that have moved to have a better life, you normal.

Guest ems

I think we can all agree with those points Dallas. Bet you can't wait to get back to Adelaide, how long have you been in the UK?

Emma

Alicia (6)

Guest mOZzy

cheers for taking the time to throw in your 2p ;)

these are all points on my list (amongst others) why we want to move to adelaide!

glad that you actually can confirm them!!

tell your wife it's perfectly normal to have the wobbles doing such a huge step - at least she's seen it :jiggy:

good luck!

Guest caoimhe
    :notworthy::notworthy:I know we all need to know the bad points aswell but you have just summed up my reasons for wanting to go

Guest Libby1971

Great post!

I am sending it to my friends and family - I am currently on a campaign to get them out of the UK.

Thanks - we've been here a year now, adn we came for exactly the reasons you listed. And we have a life that is just like that too.

See you when you get back here

Libby

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Dallas,

I'm also from Adelaide. My OH is a Brit and we have 2 children. We are going back in Nov for the same reasons as you. We love lots about the UK but worry about the children's futures and how things will be for us when we get on a bit. My pensioner Mum in Adelaide has a great life and lots of choices she wouldn't have over here. Goodluck with your move.

Hedy

Guest paul_smart

Bang on Dallas, Nail, head there my friend, in 10 - 15 this place is going to be a misery, I was hoping tho that the Canadian, NZ, Ozzie and SAfrican decendants, would come back here and do a job on the old place!!! looks like most of them are too smart tho :biglaugh:

Guest Django

At the risk of sounding politically correct, can I just say? I agree with everyone. :biglaugh:

Pete

Guest The Pottertons
    At the risk of sounding politically correct, can I just say? I agree with everyone. :biglaugh:

Pete

We love your opinions pete- Dont be disheartened, as you have said in other threads if we all agreed it would be a pretty dull forum. You give such alot to this forum to help people such as ourselves and we really appreciate it! Keep up the good work.

I also mirror a lot of what has been said on here. Its a great post Dallas- a real appetite whetter!!!!! Yvonne x

Guest Guest75
    We love your opinions pete- Dont be disheartened, as you have said in other threads if we all agreed it would be a pretty dull forum. You give such alot to this forum to help people such as ourselves and we really appreciate it! Keep up the good work.

I also mirror a lot of what has been said on here. Its a great post Dallas- a real appetite whetter!!!!! Yvonne x

Like wot she said.............:notworthy::notworthy:;)

Guest Lulujim

:oNice post. I think most of us are moving for those reasons and more, but it's nice to be reminded, esp when you're having a down day and the Visa Processing Times have not moved on - again!!!

Guest louiesmum

Hi

What a great post, I just like also to say DITTO for the reasons for heading off to Adelaide!!

Guest thelincolns

Yay! Yvonne summed it up- appetite wetter :cute:

good luck to you and your family too

everything you have said in your post is everything we want out off adelaide:jiggy:

suexxx

Some great advise, WOW Dallas, that is fantastic news, Nikki has agreed to come back with you. It would be great to meet up again with all you. Let us know when you arrive.

Cheers

Angela, Ashley, Brad & Tom

(We had a drink in West Bridgeford prior to migrating ourselves 2007)