Not long now......

samandcraig

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wen66

As long as it's at least 6 months, you'll be ok. Don't panic, sleep on the plane and enjoy the journey. (We flew into Singapore, 6 months or more on passports is required)

xx

So we arrived yesterday...I think!! Ha ha we are in Darwin until the 21st and it is hot hot hot and very humid! It felt so surreal just driving to my brothers house after dreaming about coming to oz for so long I still can't believe I'm here, everything is so green! And that's coming from me who lived 10 mins from the Lake District!! That's what hit me first everything is so green! Singapore airlines were brilliant, the staff were amazing! We did get stopped at border protection ( felt a it like the to programme) as my sons passport wouldn't scan, so they just checked it manually, so all was fine! We also have a reindeer skin from Sweden which my dad who passed last yr gave me so it was a must bring aand again they had to check it over but were so nice, they all loved it ha ha, my brother picked us up from the airport, the kids were straight in the pool, mainly to cool off, we had tea (bbq of course) and were ready for bed, it's now 2.30am and we are wide awake, our bodies are going to take time catching up!!!! It all feels like a dream at the moment, but it feels exciting and it definetly feels like we have done the right thing, relaxed break for the next 10 days then off to Adelaide....happy days xxxx

You'll have a fab time up there. Its very different to here of course. I remember I got off the plane up there, walked out onto the tarmac and was pretty much hot and sweaty within seconds lol. It was the season for it :biggrin:

Btw, I think it was you I said about the TV for, remind me, if and when you need it :) We have our shed back now so I can test it out and make sure its all working should you (or anyone else after) need it.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
We're here! Is Sam and Craig still about?

Glad to hear you have arrived. Enjoy the whirlwind of the early weeks as best you can. Nothing is set in stone and give yourself some time to find your feet and so on.

And yes they are. Not online every day or anything I don't think but they have been active recently so should see this :)

Edited by snifter
eta