Kar81

190 Subclass visa conditions

Hi everyone, my question is simple and to the point.

Am I going to face future problems if I move from South Australia before the two years obligation are over?

I believe the two year thing is a moral obligation rather than a legal one and therefore you will have no problems if you move from SA before the two years are up. Where are you thinking of moving to?

I I have moved already mate. I am in Sydney here. God damn it I arrived at SA with 21k AUD in our hands, we consumed them all. I can't feed my kids now. Funny that while driving coming here I received a call for an interview in Sydney and today is my first working day. Since August , I applied for cleaning jobs, farming jobs, laboring jobs in Adelaide but they keep rejecting consistently. Is it my name? my race? I don't know but I had to take the risk coz my little baby needs milk to survive and I can't afford to pay 20$ every two days. I am a civil engineer btw.

I received a letter saying that I must register after My arrival so that they can track me for 2 years ( the precise words were : Immigration SA IS REQUIRED TO MONITOR YOUR RESIDENCE IN SA FOR FIRST 2 years after your arrival). I got my residency under 190 subclass visa. So. does it mean that I must stay in Adelaide for first 2 years and cannot accept offer from Sydney or Melbourne? As I am arriving soon and would like to know because if I am not allowed to move outside Adelaide for 2 years then I better not spend my energy applying outside Adelaide.

I received a letter saying that I must register after My arrival so that they can track me for 2 years ( the precise words were : Immigration SA IS REQUIRED TO MONITOR YOUR RESIDENCE IN SA FOR FIRST 2 years after your arrival).

Hi, I'm on 190 as well, when did you get this letter? Was it an email from DIBP? I haven't got such a letter, but intend to make a go of it in Adelaide.e

Edited by etch123

I received a letter saying that I must register after My arrival so that they can track me for 2 years ( the precise words were : Immigration SA IS REQUIRED TO MONITOR YOUR RESIDENCE IN SA FOR FIRST 2 years after your arrival).

Hi, I'm on 190 as well, when did you get this letter? Was it an email from DIBP? I haven't got such a letter, but intent to make a go of it in Adelaide.

I got it via email like 3 weeks back and the letter is from SA Immigration team.

I got my PR in August. It is strange that you did not get and I received such email.

Exactly my thoughts.... What was your last date of entry? Mine is July, maybe they send it closer to that date?

( the precise words were : Immigration SA IS REQUIRED TO MONITOR YOUR RESIDENCE IN SA FOR FIRST 2 years after your arrival)

It's all about money mates. They want you to stay the first two years in SA to spend your dollars inside the state. Eventually you must move interstate to catch up what you missed in the two years, but you got nothing then.

They can monitor your residence by the 5 short surveys you receive by email. The questions are usually these (Are you living in SA?) (Are you employed within your profession?) (Are you satisfied with your work?) (Are you satisfied with your pay?) (Is it part time or full time?)

I tried to answer (for curiosity) no to the first question (Are you living in SA?) and clicked next, the following question was , why did you move from SA? with multiple answers like I didn't like the culture, I didn't find work at all, family circumstances , ....etc. , then survey asked me to submit.

For some reasons, I felt during the survey they will accept me moving interstate. But it's just a feeling.

I agree with you :). You have moved out of SA already right? Do you think they will they not cause any trouble to you as you moved out of SA ? Did they accept you moving out of SA ?

Okay let's think together here, I rented my house in SA which costed me 235/week for almost 6 months now. Kept on checking my post everyday hoping that I receive a mail from immigration SA asking to prove that I am in the current address. At least I would feel then that I am paying this big amount from my saving while staying jobless for months for the benefit to keep my visa valid. But guess what? All the mails are bills and junk mails chasing more and more of my savings.

Hi NiCf, I have a question, since you say its a moral obligation, not a legal one. Have you actually read that statement somewhere from a legal advisor within the SA migration department, or a member of the DIAC, because, if someone doesn't move and then being interrogated by the state, what answer can they give as an explanation.

Hi NiCf, I have a question, since you say its a moral obligation, not a legal one. Have you actually read that statement somewhere from a legal advisor within the SA migration department, or a member of the DIAC, because, if someone doesn't move and then being interrogated by the state, what answer can they give as an explanation.

Yes I have read that the obligation for the 190 is a moral one and not a legal one from several posts written by MARA registered migration agents over on Poms in Oz. There is another state sponsored visa where you have to live in a regional area and in this case it is a legal requirement to live and work in a regional area for 2 years but for the 190 there is no legal requirement to stay in the state that sponsored you.

Okay let's think together here, I rented my house in SA which costed me 235/week for almost 6 months now. Kept on checking my post everyday hoping that I receive a mail from immigration SA asking to prove that I am in the current address. At least I would feel then that I am paying this big amount from my saving while staying jobless for months for the benefit to keep my visa valid. But guess what? All the mails are bills and junk mails chasing more and more of my savings.

Hi Kar81,

So since you have moved from your nominated state what do the surveys have an outcome on it? Did your state leave you from the obligation? Did you receive any communication from the state about it?

My friend is in the same boat who came just a week ago so need to know how this will progress?