Fuel.....

HEAPS GOOD !!!

So a mnth or so ago fuel was $1.00 per litre and oil was $49 dollars a barrel......

Now fuel is $1.37ish per litre and oil is $49 dollars a barrel....

Some greedy feckers out there.

And to add insult to injury another 200 Santos workers are set to lose their jobs, along with the 500 or so announced last few months.

Sad times ahead.

HG

Edited by HEAPS GOOD !!!
speeeling

After living here a while I learn a new way of referring to being ripped off...RORT!

The ACCC was supposed to be doing something about the fuel rort....

[h=1]ACCC's fuel monitoring role[/h] While the ACCC does not set fuel prices, we monitor retail fuel prices on a daily basis. New arrangements for ACCC monitoring of the Australian petroleum industry are in place from 2015.

[h=2]Monitoring retail fuel prices[/h]The ACCC monitors retail prices of unleaded petrol, diesel and LPG in all Australian capital cities and in around 180 regional locations. This enables us to provide you with information about fuel prices, including petrol price cycles in the larger cities.

Where we see issues of concern we will investigate. And, where we find sufficient evidence we will take action to protect consumers against misleading and anti-competitive conduct by fuel retailers.

[h=2]Monitoring Australia’s unleaded petrol industry[/h]When instructed by the Minister, we also monitor the prices, costs and profits relating to the supply of unleaded petroleum products in the Australian petroleum industry

Guest Guest14361

Answer me this ACCC......$1.35 in metro Adelaide, yet 4 hours away in Mildura country Victoria $1.27 and the same price driving through country South Australia from Adelaide......

Answer me this ACCC......$1.35 in metro Adelaide, yet 4 hours away in Mildura country Victoria $1.27 and the same price driving through country South Australia from Adelaide......

Actually I don't mind this so much - people in country areas should get the benefit of cheaper fuel as they need to use a lot more of it to get anywhere! It's usually the other way round... I am sure I heard that Adelaide was more expensive at the moment than the other capital cities? Someone somewhere is raking in the profit at the moment.