samandcraig

Rental cars from the airport

Hi all, I know that I have seen advice given regarding this previously but can't seem to find it, I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for car hire companies???

Thanks

We used East Coast Car Rental. Found them very helpful, had no problems. They collected us from the airport & took us to their office just around the corner. We booked through holidayautos.co.uk (or maybe .com).

How's things going? Have you arrived in Adelaide now?

We used East Coast Car Rental. Found them very helpful, had no problems. They collected us from the airport & took us to their office just around the corner. We booked through holidayautos.co.uk (or maybe .com).

How's things going? Have you arrived in Adelaide now?

Thankyou, I couldn't recall the name, no we are still in Darwin at the moment, go to Adelaide on Saturday, any idea when you guys are heading over? X

Guest Guest14361

Avis ...I use them all the time, book it online and it'll be ready to go when u arrive, pay at the airport via CC

I don't have a credit card, would they accept a booking with a debit card from the UK?

I don't think the main ones will, if they ask for CC then I'd think that is what it would be.

I don't know if there are ways around it or not. I'd email them and ask in the first instance and see what they need or will accept.

Hey @samandcraig I've booked a Hyundai imax (for all our luggage) through east coast car rentals, for our arrival next month, they will pick us up at arrivals and take us to their yard, from there we drive off! How is Darwin? I'm sure it's as hot and sticky as it is here in Colombo right now! We had a spectacular tropical downpour yesterday and today is a scorcher with 85% humidity!

Thankyou, I couldn't recall the name, no we are still in Darwin at the moment, go to Adelaide on Saturday, any idea when you guys are heading over? X

Nope, no idea yet. Waiting on an offer on the business still - so looking unlikely to be this year at this rate. I'll be living through everyones pictures - so be sure to put plenty on!

I don't have a credit card, would they accept a booking with a debit card from the UK?

Hi.....East Coast rentals do accept debit card but they do charge you to extra to use It, hope this helps xx

Hey @samandcraig I've booked a Hyundai imax (for all our luggage) through east coast car rentals, for our arrival next month, they will pick us up at arrivals and take us to their yard, from there we drive off! How is Darwin? I'm sure it's as hot and sticky as it is here in Colombo right now! We had a spectacular tropical downpour yesterday and today is a scorcher with 85% humidity!

Hi..Darwin was brilliant, a lovely place. We also used East Coast in the end, they collected us promptly and you are able to use debit card but cc is better as with debit you get charged slightly extra. Our suv is really nice and the weather is so nice, no humidity what so ever!! Ha ha xx