Guest Vicks&Stu

Caravan park???

Guest Vicks&Stu

Hi everyone

My husband and I are arriving in Adelaide on 8 August. We have applied for OAA but in case we don't get it we are thinking of a plan B. So I was thinking of booking into the Adelaide caravan park for a couple of weeks while we have time to sort out a rental. Has anyone stayed there, or know anything about it?

Any advice would be much apreciated. We don't have children so are quite happy to live out cases for a couple of weeks as long as there is somewhere to plug in my straighteners!!

Thanks

Vicks.

Guest salisbury massive

Hi

Brighton seems to be a popular choice, its not far from the City and close to Hallet Cove, seaford etc etc, here is the link

http://www.brightoncaravanpark.com.au/ Don't forget to ask about winter rates and tell them you are planning on staying for a few weeks, they should knock down the price.

Other popular ones are

http://www.adelaideshores.com.au

http://www.adelaidecaravanpark.com.au/acp-facilities.html

http://www.levipark.com.au/

these are all good parks and I believe will let you use the address to get your medicare, car registration etc sorted out. Don't be afraid to haggle, it is expected especially since the winter season is upon us.

Jo

I have had a few friends stay in caravan parks. Aldinga, Woodcroft & Brighton. When I ask all of them their opinions I would say Brighton came out on top. It will be cooler in August, end of Winter, worth checking out the heating arrangements / bedding, it might be chillier than now.

Good luck

Angela

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Vicks,

I recently sent someone else on another thread the details of an alternative to a caravan park. It's very reasonably priced, $480 for 2 people for a week. Includes a kitchenette with fridge. There is also a laundry on site. Reverse cycle airconditioning for heating. I've only been there to use the conference facilities a long time ago but it was very nice. Perhaps someone else may have been there recently.

It's run by the Uniting Church (The C of E and Methodists merged in the 70's so it's not some weirdo sect!). You do not have to be churchy to book the holiday units. Location is Belair. Belair hotel is nearby if you find it a bit quiet at night, there is a TV in each unit.

Goodluck with what ever you choose to do.

www.nunyara.com.au/

Hedy

Guest Vicks&Stu

Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies. It's really useful to get the lowdown from the people who have stayed there. Also thanks for the advice about haggling, that thought hadn't even crossed my mind - and i'll be sure to ask for extra blankets. I think we may give the Brighton site a try.

Thanks again - let's cross fingers for a mild winter!

Vicks.

Guest salisbury massive

Thanks again - let's cross fingers for a mild winter!

Our winter is easily comparable to a british summers day, it can get cold at night tho, hence the post regarding heating. Make sure you bring some fleeces with you. You'll be surprised at how many Aussies have big coats, hats and gloves while you think the weather is fantastic.

Jo