Guest Rachael

A Question for new parents

Guest Rachael

Just a quick question for those in the know.

I want to buy a pushchair that has a car-seat which can be taken out the car and attached to the pram. They're common in England but I haven't seen many on website in Oz.

I was just wondering if you can buy them over there or whether I should get one before we go. If we can get them in Oz, can you point me in the right direction?

What do you think?

Ta muchly,

R

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Know the the all in one's you are on about, haven't seen many about, if you bring one with you, you will need to make sure it complies to Australian Standards, here a few links to try and help you decide

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/safety/road/road_use/restraints.asp

http://www.raa.net/page.asp?TerID=493

http://www.britax.com.au/websites/Britax/HomePage.nsf/LUPages/Nursery-TRAVEL%20SYSTEM%20INFANT%20CARRIERS

Good luck

Guzzler

Guest ozzy wannabe

There is a big Toys r us here, and inside they have a babies r us area. I have'nt looked but I would think that they would have those types of pushchairs.

Vicky

hi ya we have a 3 wheel buggy that has a attaching carrier, we got ours from mothercare world cost £250 well with the money take a look or try over somewhere but might be more money mind you must things here are compared to uk

alex

Guest Devon
    but might be more money mind you must things here are compared to uk

alex

:shocked: Alex, have you had a change of heart since being here? Or am i reading this wrong!:err:

Guest mOZzy

apparently the uk carseats won't be accepted in oz!

the oz ones have an additional hook at the back?!? to hook it onto the seat!??!

not sure about this detail :goofy: but make double sure they are oz compatible!!!

if not then just buy a cheapy one over here and get an ok one in oz later!

i've got a pram with carseat in my garage gathering dust ... you want it? ;):biglaugh:

Guest Rachael

Thank you for your very helpful responses. I've been searching Google Oz but not found much. I've found a pushchair and car-seat here that I like and have seen it on some Oz sites but it doesn't seem very common. I'm assuming that if it is available in Oz it will comply with their standards.

I'll have a think about it.

Trying to book flights today too, small nightmare but getting there. I've left it with our trusty travel agent.

R

i didnt know about english seats not being aloud to be used in oz (my oz friend has told me something about a hook on the parcelshelf) my 5 year old has a brittax booster seat with a seat back as well which she uses the seat belt and my other child is 11 months uses a seat thats held down using the seat belt (goes though back and pulled down tight)

alex