Mims33

Xbox and Phones to Australia?

I feel silly posting this but my sons asked me this question and I didn't know what to say, lol!

Can you take your Xbox and iphones to Australia and will they work? Of course these are the most important things almost teens need to know :biglaugh:

Yes they will work here. You will need to get the iPhone unlocked in the UK first though but once unlocked you can just buy any sim and off you go.

Yes, agree with NicF.

Unlocking is generally easier in the UK and often done for free, can depend on your phone company though as to if there is a small charge.

If its a contract phone consider how long there is left on the contract as this may be pricey to get out of if you've a long time left to run on it. I had one or two months left and got charged for the full month that was left to run, not the large part of the other month.

Guest wen66

Xbox, no problem, games bought here will play but not region 4 dvds.....only discovered this recently, so if anyone knows how to make them region free, would be most grateful.

Xbox, no problem, games bought here will play but not region 4 dvds.....only discovered this recently, so if anyone knows how to make them region free, would be most grateful.

Google the model of your DVD player and 'region unlock code' - you'll likely find forums or manuals with instructions on a simple code to put in - eg turn dvd player on, hit 'settings' and then there will be a code to put in and 'enter' - then voila, your region settings are unlocked. This has worked for me on a couple of DVD players. If you can't, then buy a lead to plug a laptop into your tv and play via your laptop, but watch on a bigger screen.

Guest wen66
    Google the model of your DVD player and 'region unlock code' - you'll likely find forums or manuals with instructions on a simple code to put in - eg turn dvd player on, hit 'settings' and then there will be a code to put in and 'enter' - then voila, your region settings are unlocked. This has worked for me on a couple of DVD players. If you can't, then buy a lead to plug a laptop into your tv and play via your laptop, but watch on a bigger screen.

Have done that for my blue ray but it's not available yet ;( Was hoping to play through the xbox. Never thought to google a region code change for that, though. Have been using the laptop, cheers:-)

It is a pain to have phones unlocked here? I have a sony xperia, I was hoping to give to my son but it looks like it's locked...although we were told it wasn't....grr.