Here for nearly a week

samandcraig

:smile: Hi...so we arrived last Saturday, after spending 11 days in Darwin (which I must say is the easiest airport ever!!!) and have loved cooling down. Anyone who has been to Darwin will know what I mean!

We hired a car from East Coast rentals, which we take back tomorrow, must say they were really good, picked us up from the airport within mins of us arriving and got us on the road really quickly. You can use a debit card if you don't have a credit card but you will be charged for using it! Just to let folk know. We got to port noarlunga in around 35mins, the drive was easy.

So far we have sorted Medicare, driving licence, bought a car, which we collect today, private healthcare, applied for two rentals, viewed around 10!! Applied for TFN online. Craig is doing his white card right now in the city. So don't think we are doing too bad! All of these things are pretty straight forward to carry out when you have arrived, it's just knowing where to do it. But I must comment on how friendly people are here and how brilliant customer service is.

The weather when we arrived at the weekend was perfect, it's turned quite cold now, but nothing compared to back home and it's due to brighten up again next week. Wishing all the people arriving in the next couple of months good luck xx

Also before arriving we were looking at port noarlunga to live, upon arrival we have decided we prefer seafod rise, which we shocked ourselves with! But I suppose you can't really get a feel for places until your actually here. Port noarlunga has all you could need at its doorstep, lovely beach and little restaurants scattered around, huge shopping centre, plus library, hospital ect, but to live we just like the look of Seaford rise as its only a 10 min drive from port noarlunga so it is still literally on the doorstep too xx

Sounds good. As you said, most of the registering, signing up and so on is all pretty straight forward. Its more a case of planning it all, having time to get online to do stuff (local librabries and cafes with free wifi can be good for this).

Glad you have found an area that appeals. Its good to have a starting point, a base, somewhere to call home to help you settle in :) You may end up staying there long term, maybe move elsewhere if you stumble on an area that appeals or work means you need to be elsewhere. One of the plus sides to renting is the freedom to move around a bit if you need.

Hope Craig goes ok on the white card.

Guest wen66

Glad you're getting all sorted. Doesn't take long. You'll have a bigger choice of rentals in Seaford Rise. Good rentals in PN are thin on the ground at the mo. When we were staying at Seaford Rise, we were much closer to the train station than we are here..lol...:smile:.x

Thanks everyone, we just have a job to start looking for now that Craig has his white card and give the school a call on Monday :) all seems to. Be coming together, went into the city today and had a walk I to the oval and took the kids to the SA museum, it was really good, and free....

Welcome to lovely Adelaide, samandcraig! So glad you're enjoying everything. It's so easy to find your way around and nowhere takes long to get to. Yes, its good here, isn't it? We love it, too.

Glad you're enjoying it so far, did you end up with a rental in seaford? Have your kids started school yet? I bet it's really difficult those first few weeks getting everything sorted out x

Hi yeah we got the first one we applied for in Seaford rise, it's pretty lovely :) we go and take a look at the school tomorrow, hoping they can get started after half term...it is more exhausting trying to fit everything in, once you know where to sort it it's not too bad, we were lucky that someone met us and quickly showed us round and pointed us in the right direction.....when do you arrive? Where are you hoping to settle?? X

We have some good friends out there too so hopefully they will point us in the right direction too. Just waiting for skills assessment to come back at the moment then can apply for visas, so I guess 6months roughly till we get visas then got to sort a date for moving. Looking at Hallet cove area to start with, hubby went out early this year and had a good look around and that was 1 of his favourite places so will look to rent there to start with x

We have some good friends out there too so hopefully they will point us in the right direction too. Just waiting for skills assessment to come back at the moment then can apply for visas, so I guess 6months roughly till we get visas then got to sort a date for moving. Looking at Hallet cove area to start with, hubby went out early this year and had a good look around and that was 1 of his favourite places so will look to rent there to start with x

brilliant, goodluck with the visa xxx