Sightseeing in Sydney

Guest vikkiann

Guest vikkiann

I'm going to Sydney in September.

I'll be staying in Northern Sydney, 40 minutes out of the city.

Can anyone tell me ... Is the public transport good?

I don't really want to hire a car if I can just jump on a bus or train.

Public transport is brilliant - we used an app on our iphones -tripgo or something like that and it gave us connection times etc. We got a travel pass during our stay which from memory cost about $10 a day and covered all the busses, trains, ferries and tubes.

We went out to the Blue Mountains and back one day - all between the hours of 9 and 3 to fit in with a summer school our son was on - and all covered by the pass.

Don't bother with a hire car - it's a bit like London, public transport is so good you really don't need one.

Oh and there is a ferry between Manly and Circular Quay that many people use as a daily commute. From memory when we stayed at Narrabeen in the north one year the trains into the city were brilliant.

Edited - it may have been more than $10 - I've just googled and it looks like it might be $24 and called a Multi DayPass

http://www.sydneycloseup.com/city-passes.html

Edited by Diane