Guest Libby1971

Bbc Wanted Down Under Series 3

Guest Libby1971

Just to let you know that the BBC has commissioned a third series of Wanted Down Under. I don't know where they are going or what they are planning to do exactly.

Libby

Guest PeakHillPossy

Hi Libby

What is wanted down under?

Jane

Guest gavnchelle

Hi

Have you any idea on how to apply, I can't find anyhting on the BBC website or even through a search engine? If you have any idea please let me know!

Guest Libby1971

Wanted Down Under is a TV programme that first aired I think last Jan as a series. 20 families were sent to Oz (Perth, Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane - 5 to each place) for a week of filming to show what life in Oz might be like. They arranged for the families to spend a day in the same profession they were using to get here (although they said it was a job offer - which it was not at all) and took people on days out etc.

This Jan another series aired in which people had been sent to NZ and Melbourne and possibly some other places. They also revisited 8 or 10 of the people from the first series to see where they were now.

I don't know who the contacts are at this stage. Sorry...I will let you know if and what I find out. i would phone the BBC and ask to be put through to the producer of WDU. They can only say no!!!!

Libby

Guest cubton

As far as i am aware they already have the family's they require for this series.

Guest Sharon and Paul
    Hi

Have you any idea on how to apply, I can't find anyhting on the BBC website or even through a search engine? If you have any idea please let me know!

Hi ganchelle, Just looked on web but have advertised since 2/2/08?. But i bet they do a fourth series. Just type in wanted down under it will come up with loads of bbc stuff?. Did try to paste but doing something wrong sorry?. ATB Paul :confused:

Sad that I am, I loved those programmes. I just find them so interesting & watchable, also very funny at times.

Guest macu68

Hi

We applied to the BBC at the end of last year and we were told that they usually recruit around May time but were unsure if a 3rd series would be commissioned and took our details just in case. Rang them again about January to be told that there would be a 3rd series and they would recruit in May. Rang in April to be told recruitment was complete and no other families would be considered at this time!!!!!!

So I can't tell you what they are looking for, sorry.