Guest Guest14361

Banned chemicals on strawberries

There is nothing in the article that suggests the chemical is an immediate health hazard, merely that it causes damage to the ozone layer. I suppose you could argue that ozone damage is a health hazard due to increased exposure to UV rays, but we don't know just how much damage the chemicals still being used are doing to the ozone layer.

There is nothing in the article that suggests the chemical is an immediate health hazard, merely that it causes damage to the ozone layer. I suppose you could argue that ozone damage is a health hazard due to increased exposure to UV rays, but we don't know just how much damage the chemicals still being used are doing to the ozone layer.

Maybe, but I would prefer not to eat fruit which had been sprayed with and contaminated by these chemicals or any others which may impact on me in any way.

Maybe, but I would prefer not to eat fruit which had been sprayed with and contaminated by these chemicals or any others which may impact on me in any way.

In that case stop eating anything other than organic fruit, as most of it is sprayed with some kind of chemicals. The only difference is the chemicals on the rest of your fruit haven't been banned everywhere else yet. The only reason these particular chemicals have been banned is due to the effect on the ozone layer. There is nothing in the article to suggest they are harmful to human health.