Meet in the leicester area Anyone???

Guest Django

Guest Martin and Val

Can't commit to it yet Pete, depending on that horrible place called "work" we may be able to attend certainly would like to.

If we can't, we hope it is a big success.

Cheers

Martin and Val

Guest mOZzy

hi pete,

we'd love to meet up again before we go ... should we ever :wacko:

but tbh lincoln is too far for a one day round trip!!

what about our idea with leicester?!?

Guest Django

That's an idea:idea: I shall change the title of the thread. D'you remember where the place you found was???

Or if the weather is nice it might be an idea to meet up in a park with a play area for the kids.

Pete

Guest mOZzy

i think it was this one - a Wacky Warehouse ;)

http://www.wackywarehouse.co.uk/play.htm

the one in Leicester

Bees Knees

Off Lubbersthorpe Way,

Braunstone,

Leicester

LE3 3AH

Tel: 0116 2630069

i like the idea of having hot lunch first and then go over with the fidgety kids and use the playarea/coffeearea :cute: (there is an entry fee though!)

any good?!

Guest The Pottertons

Hi All we'de definitely be up for it. Just not sure about the bees knees mozzy. Not sure if you've been there but the wacky warehouse part is fairly cramped and gets really noisy and busy. Am trying to think if there is anywhere else that would suit better- think it might be hard to talk and be heard in there! Will post again soon!!!! Yvonne x

Guest Django
Hi All we'de definitely be up for it. Just not sure about the bees knees mozzy. Not sure if you've been there but the wacky warehouse part is fairly cramped and gets really noisy and busy. Am trying to think if there is anywhere else that would suit better- think it might be hard to talk and be heard in there! Will post again soon!!!! Yvonne x

OOooooooh local knowledge fabby. We will leave the venue to you then Yvonne as you are in the best situation to find the best place. Just so the kids can have a run around and aren't bored.

Susi, when are Ashley's weekends off??? When we get Tracey's off duty we can work out what will be the best date.

Pete

Guest The Pottertons

I would willingly have a barbie at mine if there were more room!!!! You'll have to wait till oz for that!! Thought of 2 places, THe Hope and Anchor, Birstall or the Red Bull in Rothley. Both easy to get to. Will check them out and get back to you all with addresses. The Red Bull is a wacky warehouse and the Hope and Anchor is next to a country park, set by a canal and has an park on it. Yvonne x

Guest Beth&Martin

Count us in, we would love to meet up; put some faces to the names.

Looking at the dates, they are Sundays, so I assume its a daytime meet instead of an evening. Either date is good for us. Martin will just have to miss his game of golf that day.

It's a shame that the Bees Knees is possibly not going to be an option, we could have walked there. Would have taken us about 45 minutes, but we walk that way quite often.

The other pubs that Yvonne mentioned sound good though. Just to let you know, it's the Red Lion at Rothley, not the Red Bull (just in case anybody was looking for it on the internet.)

Another option is the Hobby Horse in Syston, Leicester

http://www.pub-explorer.com/leics/pub/hobbyhorsesyston.htm

They have a wacky warehouse indoors (in case it's raining) and an outdoor play area, in case its not. Don't know what its like as we haven't been there for a while; Martins kids have grown up now so we don't go to pubs with children's facilities anymore.

Guest The Pottertons

Yes Beth you are right! Its the Red Lion. Must have been tired and thinking of an energy pick up!!:jiggy:Went to the Red Lion to check it out and they have closed down their Wacky Warehouse so that will be out. The hobby horse is another good option if the weather is bad and both the hobby horse and the hope and anchor are really close to each other so we could even choose nearer the time weather permitting. Hope and Anchor as i said earlier is next to Watermead Country Park so for those coming a fair distance they will have the option of a nice walk before setting off home! Anyway am off to Adelaide today so i'll catch up with the thread in a few weeks. Sorry to have to mention it like!!:D Not very computer literate so cant do links for the venues- sorry. Yvonne x

Guest Django
Anyway am off to Adelaide today so i'll catch up with the thread in a few weeks. Sorry to have to mention it like!!:D

You know? You can go right off some people. :(

Have a good trip, see you when you get back.

Pete

Guest mOZzy

finally back!!

good to have all those knowledgable people!

i'd prefer a place with a kids play area inside really ... a walk in the country side sounds great too but not so good for talking, especially with kids in tow :err:

and as for dates: weekend 14./15.june or every other weekend there after (next would be 28./29.june and so on ...)

i wouldn't mind a saturday either - might be easier with the longish trip back home :goofy:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Beth&Martin

Hi all,

Just thought I would bring this thread to the top of the pile as it was a while back when it was originally started.

Does anybody fancy Saturday 28th June at the Hobby Horse, Syston, Leicester (at a time to suit everyone). I've mentioned this date as its been mentioned that a Saturday might be preferable, its one of the dates that most seem to be able to go to, and the Hobby Horse has an indoor play area (see my earlier reply to thread). Unfortunately we can't do the following weekend as we have a friends birthday party (and it tends to be a full weekend job) but any other weekend after that will be ok.

Guest Django

We have to pass this month due to everything going on at the mo. :( We were waiting for Tracey's next off duty to arrange a day mid Julyish.

Pete

Guest The Pottertons

Mid julyish would be good for me too as i am waiting for off duty:sad::sad::sad:. I return to work on weds after my maternity leave! So that notice would be better for me. Does that sound ok to you Beth and Martin? Would you like to say a date Pete and it'll give us a chance to book time off etc? Otherwise it may be a lonely meet up!:jiggy: Yvonne xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pottertons

hi All. Thread seems to have gone very quiet recently. Ive been really busy getting back to work so not been on in a while. Are people still interested to meet? Yvonne xx

Guest Django

We can only make it the weekend of 26th and 27th due to Tracey's work and other commitments. If this weekend is fine with others then we would be happy to meet up.

Pete