house exchange delayed again

Guest Maddisons

Guest Maddisons

Hi all,

We spoke too soon!!! House exchange delayed again,excepted offer on house 7th January 2008.Still waiting to exchange enuff said.Possibly in the next 2 weeks(this must be the fourth 2 weeks we have had now)

Thats me on the Guinness tonight!!!!!!

Jason and Paula. :arghh::skeptical::arghh:

Guest Django

Hang in there. You are a lot closer to the house sale than us. It will happen but I know you just want to sell and go like all of us do.

Keep the faith

Pete

Guest Martin and Val

It's a pain in the **** this house sale stuff. We have a buyer but they cant sell theirs!!!

Today we had a rental agent around so we can be prepared to rent it out if all else fails. Don't really want to but maybe it's the answer in the current climate.

Good luck to all those currently selling.

Martin.

PS: I do have an answer to this problem: If all the new starters on the Visa road who don't have a house to sell, buy the houses off all those who are about to get the Visa's so they can move to Oz. (Starting with ours) Then in about a year the next new batch buy the houses from those who bought them the year before!

Any takers? Newly decorated house in beautiful Oxfordshire village complete with nice bottle of Aussie Wine thrown in!

:biglaugh:

Guest Django

PS: I do have an answer to this problem: If all the new starters on the Visa road who don't have a house to sell, buy the houses off all those who are about to get the Visa's so they can move to Oz. (Starting with ours) Then in about a year the next new batch buy the houses from those who bought them the year before!

Any takers? Newly decorated house in beautiful Oxfordshire village complete with nice bottle of Aussie Wine thrown in!

:biglaugh:

Oi you back of the queue behind those that have their visas. :mad::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Nick11
Hi all,

We spoke too soon!!! House exchange delayed again,excepted offer on house 7th January 2008.Still waiting to exchange enuff said.Possibly in the next 2 weeks(this must be the fourth 2 weeks we have had now)

We sold our house in the uk quite quickly at the beginning of 2007 - only 3 in the chain and that took about 4 months.

We then moved into mil's house , did it up and sold it within a week to a first time buyer,HOWEVER it took nearly 5 months to complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder the uk is in such a mess.

Here in oz the system is so simple.

It will happen- have a guinness on me tonight!!!!

Nick

x

Guest Missbabz
Hi all,

Hi

We have the same problem. Offer on house in January and we are still waiting to exchange. Must be the same agent, cos they keep telling us 'by the end of this week' and that was about four weeks ago.

They have assured us that we should still complete by the 30th May and we are banking on this because we have already book our air tickets for the 11th June, so keeping fingers tightly crossed now. That reminds me, must give the solicitor another call, as we are at the end of yet another week.

Good luck to you and I think we are all just gonna have to be patient, because unfortunately it is all out of our control. WHAT A PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Babz & Kevin

Guest louiesmum

Hi Maddisons & Missbabz

Oh I know the feeling so near & all that, soooo frustrating, I am very lucky, we had our buyers in Jan as well, and finally managed to exchange today!! I really hope it happens soon for you guys! I think I got on my estate agent & solicitors nerves ringing them every 5 mins to check on progress!! Hope it happens very soon good luck

Guest Maddisons

Kevin and Babz

Very much like yourselves,but we have booked our accommodation in Marino for the 28th June. We need to exchange soon, as we both have to give a months notice at work.We are just hoping we don't have to cancel our accommodation if this scenario continues much longer.

Still haven't booked flights yet,emmigration party booked for 7th June,that may have to be cancelled as well.

Apart from that everything else fine.

Good luck to all trying to sell your houses in this dodgy climate.

Jason and Paula.

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi , It's seem to be everone's gripe at the moment ,just knocked £15 k off our house today , i am sure we will get there in the end ?, might be broke ! what will be will be. ATB Paul

Guest Missbabz
Kevin and Babz

Very much like yourselves,but we have booked our accommodation in Marino for the 28th June. We need to exchange soon, as we both have to give a months notice at work.We are just hoping we don't have to cancel our accommodation if this scenario continues much longer.

Still haven't booked flights yet,emmigration party booked for 7th June,that may have to be cancelled as well.

Apart from that everything else fine.

Good luck to all trying to sell your houses in this dodgy climate.

Jason and Paula.

Hi Jason and Paula,

Good luck to you all and hope it all sorts itself our, unfortunately it is out of our control isn't it, just have to hope for the best,

. It is a big pain though, cos we all just want to move forward, but our hands are tied. Well our party is booked for the 24th May and we are still going ahead with that, and removals are coming on the 28/29th May, so even if the house sale falls through at the last minute we are still going. Nothing is gonna stop us now.

Good luck again and hope all turns out okay for you.

Babz & Kevin