Guest val diffin

motorbike dilemma

Guest val diffin

My husband and I are moving to Adelaide in August and are using Crown Relocation for shipping our stuff over however my husband has 2 motorbikes he wants to take with him but Crown told us he can only take 1. 1 is a suzuki gsxr 750 and the other is a yamaha rd 350 which he has restored but not built up yet ( lots of sentimental value).Does anyone knows if this is true,that you can only take one or if there is a way round it to take both:confused:cheers Val and Cameron

Guest Guzzler&Sas
    My husband and I are moving to Adelaide in August and are using Crown Relocation for shipping our stuff over however my husband has 2 motorbikes he wants to take with him but Crown told us he can only take 1. 1 is a suzuki gsxr 750 and the other is a yamaha rd 350 which he has restored but not built up yet ( lots of sentimental value).Does anyone knows if this is true,that you can only take one or if there is a way round it to take both:confused:cheers Val and Cameron

Without looking into it I would suggest transfer one into your name and tell them you want to take one each,

Good luck

Guzzler

Hi there.

If its not complete, you could dismantle the yamaha and bring it over as 'parts'. We looked at doing something similar when we moved back to NZ - it was suggested by our removal company! You avoid import taxes etc that way - just as long as you can rebuild it!

Cheers

Mariane and Cliff

Yeah you can only bring one motorcycle into Australia a year and you have to have owned it for over 12 months. Try contacting Dept of Infrastructure and ask their opinion. Here is their website. It is all quite straightforward. Any questions just ask.

I thought about the 'parts' scenario but you may have problems re registering it??

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/safety/bulletin/importing_vehicles/index.aspx

Lea