flossybeth

Hama Beads

I'm trying really hard to find Hama Beads (I think I've found an Australian equivalent - Perler Beads) but there seems to be nowhere that actually stocks them. We bought the Ikea ones a couple of months ago and they are absolute rubbish - they melt far too quickly and the boards do too!

I was looking at getting some off Amazon but when I put in SA as the postal address a few of the items couldn't be shipped - is this something to do with customs or do you reckon I could get some sent to a relative and then posted on?

Unless of course anyone knows where I can find some locally and I'd much rather do that.

I could have sworn the craft shop at Marion sold them. The one next to Kmart.

I'm in there early next week and will take a look round and let you know.

Oddly, I need some too for kids crafty birthday stuff so will be shopping for them soon.

Thanks - we need to go to Marion next week so I'll have a look while we're there, if not I'll go up to Lincraft when they're back at school.

I'm not sure how I didn't find the Gumnut website - I've been searching for weeks now.

I only found a limited range of beads at Marion today. Least in the stores I looked in. Craft shop doesn't do them. Like you I'll go hunting when school goes back as I need some for May.

I'm trying really hard to find Hama Beads (I think I've found an Australian equivalent - Perler Beads) but there seems to be nowhere that actually stocks them. We bought the Ikea ones a couple of months ago and they are absolute rubbish - they melt far too quickly and the boards do too!

I was looking at getting some off Amazon but when I put in SA as the postal address a few of the items couldn't be shipped - is this something to do with customs or do you reckon I could get some sent to a relative and then posted on?

Unless of course anyone knows where I can find some locally and I'd much rather do that.

The educational toy shop on The Parade, Norwood, Windmill, has a large selection of Hama beads, and quite a variety of the dimpled frames. Well worth a visit!