Diane

Mothers' Day - Gee I can't wait!

Had to laugh this morning at the Cheap as Chips ad on the radio - to summarise... "Hey, make Mum's day special, we have great gifts instore... does she love her pets? Puppy Training Pads and Cat Litter on sale!"

Really? Some Mum is going to be sooooo excited on Mother's Day morning when she opens her kids' gifts.....

There's some kind of advert on the TV too for hair rollers - perfect you and mum apparently; I told my son it was definitely not the perfect present for me from him!

Latest Mothers Day gift ideas from radio ad "plenty of cacti and succulents and other classic Mothers Day gifts"

Cacti? A 'Classic Mothers Day Gift'? Oh really, you shouldn't have....no really, you SHOULDN'T have!

My son shopped at the Mothers Day stall at school today :wubclub:

Given on Fathers Day he spent his money on a car cleaning kit for his Dad, I am wondering what delights I'll be receiving :cute:

I'll love it no matter what :) Its his first year spending his own money and choosing his own gift for me. I can't wait :wubclub:

I'm lucky if I get a card for Mother's Day never mind anything else. And usually it's cards the kids have made at school.

Some of the best stuff I have had from my kids over the years has come from what they did at school for Mother's Day - the one where my son wrote I was "as strong as a horse and had loads of netball trophies' was a classic (I've not played netball since I was about 10 - and was useless at it then!!)

With computers nowadays, I would still rather have a card they have made than something bought - I think shop cards here are awful anyway - and the feelings in a homemade card as so much from the heart. They usually find a few embarrassing pictures to make the card from, and there are always a few family in-jokes referenced!

Mind you, the other day, my (grown up) daughter did say to me in all seriousness "Mum, you could go on Embarrassing Bodies" and was quite nonplussed when I wasn't flattered at the suggestion!!

This thread is hilarious, @Diane! Thank you! :notworthy:

I showed my my family the Milky Feet advert, which is both funny AND disgusting, but I think I made it clear that I only want their time.

My kids are actually pretty awesome at buying / making stuff for me; they make me feel they've really thought about me :wubclub:.

But what I really like about Mother's Day is that I get to order them around. I get so much enjoyment out of my one day of complete megalomania :biggrin:.

However you all celebrate, I hope you have a great day.

:wubclub: LC