Squiggle

Schools in noarlunga, woodcroft and Christies beach area

Hiya, I am looking to move with my daughter age 6 in October and looking for good schools in the noarlunga, Christies beach or the woodcroft area. She is a fab swimmer and swims 4x per week in England so if swimming was included that would be a bonus. :smile:

The Port Noarlunga primary school is very popular with many people who have settled around here. There has been many comments on this site about the school and they seem positive...especially after the nation building upgrade. The school has an aquatics programme.

The Noarlunga leisure centre has a pool and that's just a few minutes away from the Christies and Port Noarlunga area. My grandchildren are enrolled in lessons there...with the oldest just progressing to squad swimming. Being a member / enrolled in lessons gets them unlimited access to the pool.

Have a peek at the links in this post, namely the My School website as you can put in the names of each school and research what is what with them.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/kids-down-under/44624-useful-links-schools-primary-high-school.html

Also some other info might be of use to you.

Swimming here is a big thing :) Pretty much every pool offers lessons, be it at beginner to advanced level. There are also a couple of full size competition pools in Adelaide and those also offer options for the future. The one we use at Marion, the SA Aquatic centre has competition diving, water polo (iirc) and swimming plus all the usual lessons, aqua fit and open swim sessions, plus water slides and other things. Its a fab facility but obviously not so close to the areas you mentioned, just threw it out there to give you an example of whats available.

Also if your daughter loves swimming she might enjoy surf lifesaving, there is a local one in the area you are keen on :)http://www.pnslsc.com.au/

Lots of fun, learn important skills plus a good way make friends and get involved in the local community. I think its great if kids can learn about open water swimming, skills and more as with all the beaches and water and the amount of time they may spend there as they get older, its all things could come in handy.