Barossa Winery Trip - this Sunday 3rd May

Diane

A group of us girls have got a minibus tour of the Barossa happening on Sunday. We've had a couple of unfortunate cancellations so if anyone is interested send me a message asap and I'll give you the details.

In summary we are getting picked up/dropped off at the Highbury Hotel (Highbury) - 9:30 to 5:30 - visiting 5 wineries with organised tastings at each - lunch stop at a winery where you can either take a picnic/packed lunch or get something from the cafe.

Cost is $40 per person for the bus, and the wine tasting costs are $23.

Great group of ladies going, all nationalities (not all poms!), and not at all cliquey - don't all know each other yet so you wouldn't feel the odd one out. We even have our own group photographer coming! (She's brilliant)

There are 10 of us going at the moment - we have space for 3 more.

I would have loved to have gone but even if I could have talked my OH into agreeing for me to leave him with the kids all day we have a family gathering thing on Sunday. I know which one I would rather be at though. Have a great time and taste a few wines for me.

Its appealing.

However its the first footy game of the season for the kids tomorrow and I'll be pitch side, sipping a coffee and scoffing a bacon butty (I can at least hope) at 9am along with a heap of other parents dotted around Adelaide footy ovals :unsure:

Haha sorry Dan - next time I'll organise one with no gender restrictions!

We're going to Te Aro Winery in Williamstown, then Jacobs Creek, then Seppeltsfield where we'll have a tasting then some lunch, then Chateau Dorien (looking forward to trying their honeyed mead), then Whistler.

Definitely keen to try out the Artisans of the Barossa next time though - there are seven small wineries on show there plus a restaurant. That's the best thing about the wine regions, there are always new places to try as well as the old favourites.

Edited by Diane