Marketing or office administration role wanted

EmI

Hi

I moved to Adelaide a month ago with a PR visa. Despite registering with loads of agencies and looking on Seek, Career One, Indeed, LinkedIn every morning and evening I haven't been able to find a job yet. I have 8 years marketing experience for professional services firms (Actuaries and Law firms) but I am looking for any type of office / business support job to get me started and help me meet people and settle into life in Adelaide. I'd be more than happy to do data entry work for example (which I quite enjoy) and part of my marketing roles have always included administrative tasks.

I know the job market is tough but I don't want to give up just yet. I also know that 4 weeks searching for a job might not seem like too long for some people but Im really eager to get stuck in and miss working.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone knew of anything that might be coming up where they work that i might be able to apply for.

Thanks

Em

Hi

I moved to Adelaide a month ago with a PR visa. Despite registering with loads of agencies and looking on Seek, Career One, Indeed, LinkedIn every morning and evening I haven't been able to find a job yet. I have 8 years marketing experience for professional services firms (Actuaries and Law firms) but I am looking for any type of office / business support job to get me started and help me meet people and settle into life in Adelaide. I'd be more than happy to do data entry work for example (which I quite enjoy) and part of my marketing roles have always included administrative tasks.

I know the job market is tough but I don't want to give up just yet. I also know that 4 weeks searching for a job might not seem like too long for some people but Im really eager to get stuck in and miss working.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone knew of anything that might be coming up where they work that i might be able to apply for.

Thanks

Em

EmI,

Please look at the below article and where Adelaide is at currently for young people (it highlights Adelaide as pretty much the worse) read it carefully as it will give you some idea what you are up against and it is not just you. You are on a PR visa and there are certain obligations on that visa. However the obligation to remain in the state on PR is only a moral one. If you need to get work quickly you will have much better prospects in Melbourne. Adelaide is better in many ways but if you are young and really want to make a go of things I would go to Melbourne which is close by and a really great city with a lot happening. I am not sure of your circumstances but if you can pack your bags go and don't look back. If further down the road you really love Adelaide you can always return in a year or two when you have some Australian experience. Do not be too hard on yourself it is just the way things are here currently unfortunately this forum does not always give adequate warning to people coming over although it does give some its not enough in my book (for which I will now probably be attacked). Anyway best of luck to you.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/meet-the-rich-and-poor-of-generation-y-20150505-gguoxi.html