Lazy Cow

Funeral for Bali Nine Ringleader Televised.

Discuss!

Seriously though, would this count as glorification of someone who was, after all, a convicted drug trafficker?

I was shocked to see this, not simply as a segment on the news (and I wouldn't think that was appropriate either), but an advertised program on A-PAC.

I realise A-PAC is supposed to be a public affairs channel, and excite discussion etc, but really?

(I'm against it, by the way!)

:cool: LC

It just seems wrong to me. While I don't agree with the death penalty making these guys martyrs is just sending completely the wrong message. Everyone seems to forget why they were in prison in the first place.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Those are the consequences for your actions if you get caught and they must be aware of that when they go into that line of work. Their own greed leads them down that path.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Those are the consequences for your actions if you get caught and they must be aware of that when they go into that line of work. Their own greed leads them down that path.

I think that's true, except I don't agree with their execution.

Not because there is any doubt about their guilt, but because it seems to have made them into celebrities.

More importantly perhaps, they are free now, but their family and friends will suffer for a long time to come. Unless they are cynical enough to make a fast buck on the back of this.

LC