Guest Nick11

Car insurance renewal

Guest Nick11

Coming up to our first anniversary and both our car insurances are up for renewal!!!

As we bought new last year the garage organised the insurance - I know we were ripped off then but at the time we chose their insurance for ease.

Anyone recommend a good insurance company for the cars ?

Nick

x

Guest jojo
    Coming up to our first anniversary and both our car insurances are up for renewal!!!

As we bought new last year the garage organised the insurance - I know we were ripped off then but at the time we chose their insurance for ease.

Anyone recommend a good insurance company for the cars ?

Nick

x

Hi nick

my car insurance is with Alliancz ( think thats spelt right) they were ok for my car bought new same as you. however paul contacted them as he has just bought a car second hand and he hasnt got any no claims as he had a company car in the uk. and because i had full no claims and was a customer they gave him full no claims as well. which i thought was really good.

hope that helps Jo xx:)

im with allinaz as well i found the price very good and its the only company ive called (well compaired to the uk i was pleased) im 34 male and drive a yellow 2006 FORD XR6 TURBO 6 SPEED AUTO any way it cost me fully comp $527 (£260)back in the uk i drove a 4x4 and that cost me £500 fully comp so in other words give them a call they give you a cover note over the phone and then send you the bill

alex

Guest soggy

Hi,

I am with SGIC insurance, they accepted my no claims from the UK, and when someone drove into the back of me less than 24 hours after taking out the insurance, they just got on and delt with the claim and got the repair done no fuss.

something to watch for, replacment car cover if someone hits you is and extra with most insurance companies and you would have to prove you can't work to claim for a hire car from the other drivers insurance if he has any.

Simon

CGU are good if you do have a crash, you doný have to take your car round getting quotes, you take it to a centre where they will photo the damage and send it to repairers, getting the quotes themselves. If it gets written off, then you leave the car with them to deal with and they pay out your insurance quickly.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

We are with the allianz, but last year I changed one of the cars to Ian Berry. My son has insured himself with Western QBE.

We were paid out by the allianz when we were hit by uninsured driver but only after we politly made him admit in writting that he wasnt insured to allianz!!!

I have a friend with allianz who has been hit by uninsured driver and they are still waiting since january:realmad:.

sarah

I insured with Ian Berry over the telephone, it was quick, easy and I thought very good value.

Although I had a lady give my car a bump, she paid direct for the damage, so I am unable to report on any repair service.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I have a friend with allianz who has been hit by uninsured driver and they are still waiting since january:realmad:.

sarah

I saw this friend today she wont re- insure with Allianz due to the on going problem with her payout...........it has been 4 months so far............they are apparently paying out this week, but she is very unimpressed with their service

sarah

Hi Nick

We are with Budget.com for both cars & household, the more policies gives you more discount..........our Nissan 4x4 cost me around $430 p/a fully comp with me as the main driver & Ashley 2nd.

Hope this helps.

Angela x