huggesy

Queens birthday weekend Strathalbyn hot air ballon regatta

Did you go? We did and although the balloons were fantastic when they were lit it was hard to keep the children's interest while we waited. We arrived just before 5pm so we didn't really have ages to wait but the queues for everything were massive and it was really quite dis-organised up until the balloons were glowing:

balloon1.jpg

balloon2.jpg

Was horrendous, we ended up leaving before the lighting as we were worried getting out would be as much of a shambles as the rest of it.

We thought about it but hubby has some urgen stuff to get done work wise so was busy with that and I didn't fancy going just with our son so we curled up in front of the fire, watched the footy and scoffed chilli beef wraps.

A few of my Aussie friends went with their kids and seemed to enjoy it. Least no complaints about management of it all but then they may be used to it being like that:unsure:

Edited by snifter
    added a bit

We didn't end up going, I'm way behind on my studies so couldn't justify it :swoon: would have looked to though. Spent an exciting public holiday surrounded by books and paperwork!