utilities

ianb

Hi new here. Looks a great site!

We are starting to plan to move to Adealiade and at present looking at a house in Andrews Farm, lakeside. Looks ok from what we have found so far.

My question is can someone help me with the best choices for utilities ie electrics,water,gas and also the best phone/broadband company to go for especially as i am sure there will be lots of long distance calls to the uk

Guest dglamoore

Hi and welcome to PIA :lol:

I am sure you will get lots of answers once the adelaide lot wake up and get on their pc's. Will be watching this myself as we will be looking for this info ourselves in a few weeks.

Lisa :D

Hello Ian and famil,

Leccy and gas, well I have them both from the same company which is TRU Energy but we've only been with them since January this year so can't really compare them yet to Energex (the company we used when in QLD).

As for phone and broadband, I've been with AAPT fpr almost 2 years now (changed from Optus). With AAPT we get a capped limit (forget exactly what it is), calls to UK cost us $2./30 mins but you do have to remember to disconnect the call before the 30 mins is up to get the cheaper calls, I just tell family I'll call them back in 30 seconds. AAPT also gave our 15 yo daughter (Tori on this forum) a sim card for her mobile for which we pay 50c each month and it gives her $20. worth of credit but if she goes over that $20. credit then it is just charged to our home phone bill so she's NEVER actually not got credit on her mobile, she's only ever gone over her $20. twice in the past two years, $20. = around 80 text msgs. My broadband with AAPT costs $49.00 per month and gives me 15 meg of download which is their highest, I have two PC's and a laptop all using that download via wireless and we've never hit the limit (and I play on Second Life - which is a virtual online world).

Hope that helps a bit.