Sign in to follow this  
ianb

hello

hi evryone, just found the great site.

We are starting the initial process of buying a property just outside Adelaide, hopefully we will here with in the month if ok and then we intend to move onto the visa applications. Been told already we should be able to get into Aus on a skilled 136 visa.

Has anyone else gone down this route and how long could it take and any suggestions as to best way of gaining it?

still best not go onto long in the welcome section and will post the same question later in right section

Ian and Rachel

Guest dglamoore

Hi Ian & Rachel and welcome to PIA :lol:

Have you been to Adelaide before? At least you will have a home sorted when you get there!

Times for visas seem to vary a lot. http://www.austimeline.com/ is a good site to search for visa times by average. I have seen them go through in anything from 6 months to 12. What skills are you going on?

We have just got our SIR495, my OH is a metal polisher amd we are off next week 8)

Lisa

You are so lucky, wish we were going that soon!

Thanks for the info, i have initially enquired as a construction site manager although i have trained as a carpenter and worked my way up!

We have never been to Auys before but feel there is not much left here for us and the kids and know that Australia is a much better way of life although we know it will not be easy and are prepared to work for it.

Whats involved in the visa you are going for? not heard about that one before.

What area are you looking at when you get there?

Guest jen&ian

Hi,

We (thats me OH and 3 kids) are going on a 136 we sent our application off last June and should have our visa in a couple of weeks, so thats about 9 months. Good luck with your application.

Jen, Ian,Jay, Sam & Noah :D

Guest Django

Hi I & R,

We haven't applied for our visa yet. Tracey is a paediatric nurse and is just getting her stuff together for the ANMC skills assesment.

Hope you find this forum as useful as I have. :D

Pete

Guest dglamoore
    Whats involved in the visa you are going for? not heard about that one before.

What area are you looking at when you get there?

We applied for an SIR495 as OH skills were not on the demand list so just fell short of enough points for a permanent visa. We had to get skills assessed through TRA and then once this was passed we applied for sponsorship from South Australia which gave us a further 10 points. Once we had this we put the main visa application in online, meds etc. It is a 3 year temp visa but after fulfilling conditions of the visa for 2 years we can apply for perm visa.

We will be looking in the southern suburbs as this area has always felt right for us and ticks boxes for our new family life 8)

Lisa

hi Django yes the site is great for information, will make the most of it!

Has anybody heard anything about the new developments at Andrews Farm on the lakeside estate?