Guest Guest75

8 years and 1 day.......

Guest Guest75

I've just realised it is 8 years and 1 day since we arrived in Adelaide permanently.

Busy and full of cold so it did slip my mind.

I also wonder if because we are so settled that the anniversary is not as important now??

Not much to report really.We are all very settled and happy here now - Adelaide is truly our home.

The UK is becoming a memory now and even after visiting back a few times we have found it has moved on without us.So realistically we could not go back and pick our old lives up even if we wanted to.

Adelaide has been good to us,not that anything was ever handed on a plate - but opportunities and the lifestyle is here - THANK YOU Adelaide!! .Sometimes they are hard to find and I can appreciate it is probably harder to find now.

Although we were unsettled in and unhappy with the UK we never felt as if we were escaping as such.More that we wanted new challenges,to be out of our comfort zone and basically have a second crack at life.

It's certainly not perfect here and there are little annoyances that come and go - but where is perfect.

The place suits us,we made 2 reccie trips to be sure.

To those in the early stages ........... PERSEVERANCE and RESEARCH!!!

Do try and give it a couple of years here once you have decided on South Australia as your destination.It does get easier for most.

I know some folk cannot settled but better to have loved and lost than not at all.

I sincerely wish all coming out the best and wish you can be as happy as we are.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Guest Django
    it is 8 years and 1 day since we arrived in Adelaide permanently.

Not that you're counting :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Good on ya Russell. I'd like to say its been a day since we arrived let alone the 8 year thing. Good to read a success story and positive outlook rather than the negative reasons for the move.

Yes this place over here has moved on unfortunately the wrong way. :(

Looking good for the next 8 years and a day. ;)

Pete

Great post Tyke, congratulations on your "anniversary"! You're right in that it does get easier as time goes on, we had a few wobbles early on but we're coming up on ten months now and it feels like we've been here forever. It will never suit everyone but for those that come with an open mind I think Adelaide has a huge amount to offer. We've only just started really exploring our surroundings and just realising what a beautiful place we've come to. We feel very lucky, and I hope that all those on PIA who are just starting out will feel as lucky as we do.

Trust a man to miss an anniversary!!! L.O.L.

Well done to you for giving it a go and for it working out for you.

We have only been here 2 1/2 months now and we feel like this is home now, we are so well settled, the kids love it, we have got ourselves involved in so many things too. If it doesn't work for us in the longterm then at least we will have given it our best shot.

But you are right Liz, come with an open mind and you won't be disappointed x

Guest kevscotoz

Congratulations Tyke - glad its all worked out for u so well. Were coming back in June - only lasted 2 months 1st time - hopefully things will work out better 2nd time around. At least this time we know more what to expect.

Guest stufi1997

Hi guy's, well i wish we'd got here 8 years ago. it's about five weeks in for us and it feels like a lifetime already, we've explored so much and been so busy that this is the first day of having internet at last even if it is painfully slow. Had so many ups and downs so far that i won't post any comments as they would probably be unjustified as yet. Although thats to do with many personal issues too so not to freak anybody out.Adelaide is a fab city so far from what we have explored and that is only the tip of it, it's a pity we're here in the winter months as would still like to do a bit more exploring, dang and blast reality has to set in eventually and work is enevitable....boo hoo! missed reading all the gossip though...and glad to see you have arrived safely Pete. if your down by Victor harbour guys just drop in. ta ta Stu.

loved your post tyke, well done you guys.

i hope we can say special stuff that you after 8 years

i am preparing myself mentally everyday to come over with a open mind.

I take everyones words (who have made the move) wiseley.

I just hope it works out for us too and we can call adelaide our home in time.

suexxx

Guest Guzzler&Sas

It's certainly not perfect here and there are little annoyances that come and go - but where is perfect.

That's neighbours for you:biglaugh:,

Congratulations here's to the next 8 years,

Guzzler

Guest Guest75
    Hi guy's, well i wish we'd got here 8 years ago. it's about five weeks in for us and it feels like a lifetime already, we've explored so much and been so busy that this is the first day of having internet at last even if it is painfully slow. Had so many ups and downs so far that i won't post any comments as they would probably be unjustified as yet. Although thats to do with many personal issues too so not to freak anybody out.Adelaide is a fab city so far from what we have explored and that is only the tip of it, it's a pity we're here in the winter months as would still like to do a bit more exploring, dang and blast reality has to set in eventually and work is enevitable....boo hoo! missed reading all the gossip though...and glad to see you have arrived safely Pete. if your down by Victor harbour guys just drop in. ta ta Stu.

Glad to hear you guys are OK.

There is a lot to see in Adelaide - with arriving in winter at least it's making you explore a little rather than sitting on the beach ;)

Enjoying Victor Harbour? - a lovely place.

Guest stufi1997

so far so good.....Aaron's started school and had a couple days subbying for a local painter hopefully we can make it work from here, if not it'll be back to Adelaide.....it's just so gorgeous here makes you smile when you drive in the road and see the bay......fantastic

Guest andy&jill

Congraulations tyke and family, here's to the next 8 years.

Regards Andy&jill

Congratulations Russell & Sheila, WOW 8 years +, wonderful & still smiling.

Here's to many more years down under.

Take care

Angela x