notpom

First Home Buyers in SA - enjoy Homestart

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/homestart-wants-commonwealth-to-roll-out-national-lending-scheme-for-first-home-buyers/story-fnkjidjt-1227438654434

I did not know that such a Govenment lending scheme operates in SA = perhaps because it is not for me anyway.

But if it really lends to people who are on the dole payments - then not owning a home is simply insane.

Hi guys do you know what kind of assistance if any that we are temporarily entitled to on a PR visa from centrelink when we get to adelaide? I seem to remember someone mentioning about it on another forum? Cheers Joe

Hi guys do you know what kind of assistance if any that we are temporarily entitled to on a PR visa from centrelink when we get to adelaide? I seem to remember someone mentioning about it on another forum? Cheers Joe

If you have children, you may be entitled to rental assistance and family tax benefits. Possibly parenting payments. Some people have struggled due to needing to prove your income in the last financial year. If you apply for family benefits and they decide your income was too high, if you end up earning less throughout the year you will get a payment at the end of the financial year. Centerlink are a nightmare to deal with though.