what are job opportunities for a freelance/content writer in Adelaide? Pay rates??

Hi there!

In a couple of months I shall relocate from India to Adelaide. I have more than 9 years of experience in content development/copywriting; have worked with advertisement agencies/Design Studios. For the past 3 years I have worked as a freelance content writer (digital content in form of website content/mailers/ads/etc for marketing/promotions) with one company whose experience certificate I can provide. I have just had a baby and would prefer to take freelance projects over a full time job, if I have a choice. My highest qualification is Diploma in Business Administration with specialization in PR and Event Management (I use this qualification to generate all types of content for marketing material and digital promotions of brands/companies). Also have experience in Client Communications and Design Studio Management.

Does anyone here know if I might be able to find fair enough job opportunities in Adelaide with my current profile? Full time/Freelancing? Pay rates?

oh...:(

lol. Don't be sad, remember this site is made up of ordinary people, and whilst there are a few experts on it, you'll be very lucky if there's someone who has the exact knowledge you need. :smile:

Like the generous NicF, I'm going to welcome you to the forum, but I have this:

http://www.payscale.com/research/AU/State=South_Australia/Hourly_Rate

Maybe you can find the information you want there?

Otherwise, why not Google for companies that are in your field, and send them an email to ask? At the very least you might start building up a few contacts, and find out if there's any chance they might offer freelance work?

Good luck,

LC

Hi Lazy Cow :) (I like your name) ....this is a fantastic website, thank you! I did not come across it during online research, wonder howcome?! ...Yes, this one has helped me understand the kind of pay scale i am eligible for...and the job titles for which I may apply. Thank you once again. This forum is cool.

Hi Lazy Cow :) (I like your name) ....this is a fantastic website, thank you! I did not come across it during online research, wonder howcome?! ...Yes, this one has helped me understand the kind of pay scale i am eligible for...and the job titles for which I may apply. Thank you once again. This forum is cool.

Thank you! My user name was originally intended to be ironic, but as I've grown older it's become a very good description lol! :smile:

Tbh, I only knew the website because it's one the kids use in Year 10 when they're researching future careers. It can be a quick wake up call as they realise the life they want might not be possible on the money they'd earn!

This is a cool forum, for sure. I think most of us just want to help, be friendly, and share a bit of fun.

:wubclub:LC

Edited by Lazy Cow
'BLC'? Who's that lol!