NicF

Coldest July in nearly 20 years

Well it's official. For those of us that have been thinking this winter is colder than normal we were right. It has been the coldest July in terms of both average daily maximums and average overnight lows. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-01/adelaide-experiences-coldest-july-in-almost-20-years/6665260?WT.ac=statenews_sa

I for one am about over winter and I am very ready for spring and some warmer weather.

I had to use my ice scraper for the for the car windows this July, really thick ice on the windscreen. Last use of ice scraper in August 2014 but with a thin layer of ice in the windscreen.

So glad we put a wood burning stove in this year - will have saved us a fortune on heating bills. Don't know why it took us 11 years to do it!!

So glad we put a wood burning stove in this year - will have saved us a fortune on heating bills. Don't know why it took us 11 years to do it!!

I had gas installed.

Unlike electricity, gas gets cheaper the more you use. The reverse cycle systems can be so expensive to run...10% increase in cost for every degree above 21 degrees setting.

However, they reckon that gas is going to double in price during the next few years as they get more money exporting it!