Sophie91

Luggage travelling to UK

Hello

I am having to make a quick visit back to England on my own next week as my Grandad sadly passed away and want to be there to say goodbye.

I am flying from Adelaide to Dubai then to Birmingham, I have a short connecting time for my next flight which is under two hours. My question is will my checked baggage be transferred onto my connecting flight without me having to collect and check in again. might seem like a stupid question but I am new to flying on my own and long haul.

thanks

Hi Sophie. Sorry to hear about your Grandad.

When ever I have flown between the UK and Australia my luggage has always gone straight through. The only time it might not would be if you had booked your flights with different airlines, but as I've never done this I don't know for sure how this would work.

Sorry to hear about your loss :( So far, I've never had to worry about my luggage with Emirates. You can ask before checking it in just to be sure though!

The only time I have had luggage not go with me on long haul flights is when we have had a very short time between connecting flights and the airline has always delivered the luggage the next day.

If your flights are all on one ticket, then you shouldn't have any problem. If you booked the flights on separate tickets, it depends on the interlining arrangements of the airlines. Just ring and ask the airline, if this is the case.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Echoing the others, yes, if on the same airline/code share (ie Emirates and Qantas code share) your checked luggage should go right through so you don't have to worry about it in Dubai.