Hi

2 questions

1- can you apply for a free bridging visa once you have lodged your 173 visa?

2- can you purchase property with cash on the bridging visa or 173 visa?

so many questions

thank you

kathy x

First off, you don't apply for a bridging visa, it is issued automatically when you apply for a substantive visa while on another substantive visa. It doesn't kick in until the first visa expires.

I 'think' you can buy while on a bridging visa.

First off, you don't apply for a bridging visa, it is issued automatically when you apply for a substantive visa while on another substantive visa. It doesn't kick in until the first visa expires.

I 'think' you can buy while on a bridging visa.

Ho Blossom

does that mean as soon as the lodge the 173 visa they will get the bridging visa in a few weeks and can then come over. I am trying to read the info on the net but some of it is so confusing

thank you Kathy xx

Ok, so by the sounds of it they are not in the country? In which case there is no way to get a bridging visa. You can only get a bridging visa if you are in Australia and then apply.

It is possible to come over on a tourist visa and then apply but there is the risk of being refused entry if they don't believe you are really coming as a tourist. Personally I'd wait for the 173 to be issued and then come over.