Reena1991

Having teaching qualifications assessed

Hi, hoping a fellow teacher might know the answer to this. I need to get my Primary school teaching qualifications assessed to start work here. It says that i need to have evidence from the university how many supervised teaching practice days i had during my PGCE, it must be at least 45 and must state how many. I have my PGCE transcripts and on them it states the time that I was doing placements but it says it in weeks rather than days, for example, "2 week induction, 8 day serial attachment and 6 week block. Successfully completed." It then says similar for the other placements. Does anyone know if this is acceptable evidence? O r do i need to get a specific letter outlining how many days from the university itself?

Thanks

I don't know the ins and outs of each course specifics, but I personally got a letter from my Uni stating the days I did. I just emailed my

old tutor and she sent me the letter signed on Uni headed paper. If unsure ring the Australian assessing board as they are really helpful. Hope this helps. Gem.x

Hi, hoping a fellow teacher might know the answer to this. I need to get my Primary school teaching qualifications assessed to start work here. It says that i need to have evidence from the university how many supervised teaching practice days i had during my PGCE, it must be at least 45 and must state how many. I have my PGCE transcripts and on them it states the time that I was doing placements but it says it in weeks rather than days, for example, "2 week induction, 8 day serial attachment and 6 week block. Successfully completed." It then says similar for the other placements. Does anyone know if this is acceptable evidence? O r do i need to get a specific letter outlining how many days from the university itself?

Thanks

hi my letter from uni just stated 6 weeks in year 2 and then 6 in year 3 and 6 in year 4 and that was accepted. It was on headed paper. They do like to see letters on headed paper I do remember that .

kathy (good luck)

I have a PGCE and approached the university and told them what I needed for the assessment process here. They provided it on headed paper. Always best to do as asked and give it in days.