GaryPG

Bricklaying Jobs

I am hoping to move me and my family to Adeleaide within the next 6 months and was wondering what the bricklaying opportunities were like and also the salaries.

Thanks

The building trade seems quite healthy at the moment. Property seems to be the one area that is underpinning a poor economy at present.

I would keep an eye on things...rumours of another GFC.... and that killed the building industry for a few years last time.

There are various housing developments going on throughout the city. I know of the ones in the south in the Seaford, Noarlunga Downs (and Port Noarlunga later) but other members will be more aware of what's going on in their areas. There are certain suburbs around me that have been "rezoned" medium density areas and that means that multiple houses can be built on existing plots....the result is that houses are being bought, demolished and three ( or 6 in some cases!) replacements going up in their place.

There's a quite a difference between what can be earned working for someone and working for yourself. Salary for a brickie would be $25 to $30 per hour but a daily rate would be $350 to $500 working for yourself. I recently had a unit built from Olympic and the builder had a 4 month backlog of work. That's a personal example though and I hope that you get some replies from bricklayers as they'll know what the work picture is like in their areas.

My husband has his own bricklaying business and is having to turn work down as he is so busy. Certainly for us never any issues with finding work.

My husband has his own bricklaying business and is having to turn work down as he is so busy. Certainly for us never any issues with finding work.

Hi I arrived here Saturday 31.10.2015 worked in the uk as a Brickwork supervisor for over 10 years if your husband is looking for a quality bricklayer I'm your man

Edited by snifter
    removed phone and email as per forum rules

Hi Gary ,I have been in Adelaide just over a year and I hate working as a brickie here I'm stuck on a regional visa for another year ,but As soon as I can I will be moving away from this place...