British foods

Blossom

Its weird how that happens. I know it wasn't in this Coles before. Same with Branstons pickle.

I find lots of things in a Foodland not too far from me. Sarsons vinegar (with the shake top, not the pour) and its not a crazy price either.

I'm just glad salad cream is a thing here :cute:

Its weird how that happens. I know it wasn't in this Coles before. Same with Branstons pickle.

I find lots of things in a Foodland not too far from me. Sarsons vinegar (with the shake top, not the pour) and its not a crazy price either.

I'm just glad salad cream is a thing here :cute:

I remember coming over as a backpacker and making a potato salad. I added the mayo and then tasted it. It was just like salad cream! Hideous lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Incase anyone used to buy their English goodies at Southgate Plaza butchers, the guy who used to run it has now taken over the Flagstaff Hill butchers! Cumberland and Lincolnshire sausages, gammon and lots of pies. Yum!

That's my local butcher! Well, not that I am there all that often but if I want a decent leg of lamb or a joint of meat, its always my go to place. Did 2 big shoulders of lamb last Christmas and they were lovely.

• 3 months later...
do their pork pies have the jelly though?

Well yes they have jelly, and that really crisp pastry Ozzies don't seem to understand. ( -I mean, really, Pasties with Flakey Pastry....whatever are the Colonies coming to....)

Two things though

- Suspect that the preservative that gave so many Pommy pies their distinctive edge is now banned -both here and there-

....some limp-wristed twaddle about it killing people

-You might want get in fast and assert your ethnic rights at the Cheese shop in the Market (-the one opposite the Camera Store)

.....they don't always carry the Pork Pies and the Cornish Pasties mentioned (-which is fair enough, cause they don't have that much space)

JB :swoon:

Thanks for this.

There are some horrid pies here..one of the big suppliers that you find everywhere makes a terrible pie...IMHO! :smile: (and I'm not normally one to say anything negative about Adelaide! :smile:)

I must be honest and say in all the years we lived in Adelaide and its 34 years today March 6th since we did emigrate I have never ever had a decent pasty ( sorry folk that's my opinion )

The Hilltop Bakery at O'Hallorhan Hill do lovely pies too in lots of flavours

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

don't know about retail - but the Rob Roy (? Carrington St) have worked out a supply chain for their Scottish Fayre...... you could do worse than spend some time getting to know the people who run the place, and ask them about their suppliers

But beware ..... they also have one of the most extensive ranges of Single Malts in the Southern Hemisphere -linger at your own peril !

don't know about retail - but the Rob Roy (? Carrington St) have worked out a supply chain for their Scottish Fayre...... you could do worse than spend some time getting to know the people who run the place, and ask them about their suppliers

But beware ..... they also have one of the most extensive ranges of Single Malts in the Southern Hemisphere -linger at your own peril !

Ya pal I'll I'll allow a weekend ! Was that called the earl of Zetland coz I spent 1k there in the 90s no pies no sausage just malt haha TAXI !!!!!!!!!

yep you've got it

-David Le Cornu set up the Zetland many years back.... for some reason, the morons who run Property Development thought they should rebuild the place as yet another office block

-The Zet continued as a bar in Grenfell St for a while and david then set up the Malt Bar in the Rob Roy, but transferred the bottle shop (- aka " Off Licence ") to the Gepps Cross.

Guessing that David's retired by now, but Graham Wright still supplies the malts as part of his "Odd Whisky Coy" operation.

Interestingly they used to have a very decent whisk(e)y sampler arrangement at the R. R. -is it still available??