STARTING THE IMMIGRATION ADVENTURE

Guest chippie74

Guest chippie74
Hi everyone me (pez) and my wife(sandra) are just starting out, i am in

the process of getting my trade recognised so are right at begining.

We are hoping to emigrate to Adelaide, hopefully earley 2008.

we will keep you updated,and any tips on were to live in Adelaide would be appreciated.

welcome and good luck with it all !!!!!!!

Guest Django
Hi everyone me (pez) and my wife(sandra) are just starting out.

Welcome Pez. We are right at the begining too. Tracey is in the process of getting her skill assesment done with the ANMC. We hope this is our last year in Blighty. :D

Pete

Guest muppetbro

guess as at 6pm today we have just finished the whole process having just booked our flights for august 18th

its just hit me we are now going - alot to do between then and now however......

only advice is check double check and be patient - ive only just discovered the forums - great for many of the faqs but try to remain realistic and not too dreaming - consider and take on board the good the bad and the ugly..........

django who does he play for?

all trhe best pez et al

Guest wendy&co

Hi - we are in the early days of this exciting process too - me, hubby & the two kids are hoping to move to Adelaide asap, preferably by xmas. Have just found this forum & hope to get some useful info. We have researched loads, but there's nothing like talking to people who have been there and done that.. and just the general support. I'm the main applicant and am currently waiting to hear back about my skills assessment.

I would be interested to know more about the suburbs of Adelaide and possible places to live...??

Guest wendy&co

Hi Angela

We are applying for a skilled visa - I am an accountant and I am just waiting to hear back from the ICAA. Not sure how lng this bit takes?? Then it will be full steam ahead with the permanent residence visa. We are using an agency in the hope that this will speed up our applucation & I note that the occupation is on the MODL.

We really hope to be out by xmas, so the kids can start school at the start of the new year.

Have you moved yet??

Thanks. Wendy

Have you moved yet??

No Wendy we received the full asking price for our house & are currently in a chain of 5, us being the last - so keeping everything crossed it stays solid 8)

What about you? Do you plan to sell up before you get the visa?

Angela

Guest wendy&co

Hi Angela

Yes, we intend to put the house to market as soon as we have received the positive skills assessment. We have friends who will put us up until we move to Oz - great!.

How long has it taken you to get the visa etc??

Good to 'chat' with someone in the same boat - thanks.

Wendy