peteandniccy

189 visa submitted

Whoop whoop that's the visa application submitted - now for the 9-11week wait for a co to be allocated and onto the next stage of medicals and police checks:wink::wink::biggrin:

this may be our last Christmas in Scotland!!:xmas13::xmas10:

Congrats

I think it take 6-8 months overall in finalizing an application.

Hope for the best

We feel we are so close. The immigration agents expects it will be granted early next year. Just need to wait for them to let us know when to get police and medical checks. Trying to be patient but it's hard!! Really want to be over this time next year.:smile:

Got an email today to say we have been allocated a case officer. Really didn't expect it so quickly as the money didn't come out of our account that long ago (5th November!). Rush on now to get medicals and police check ! :goofy:

I'll be watching keenly how quickly you get your 189 visa. I've currently got my paperwork off to AHPRA and ANMAC and can't wait to get to the point of getting my visa! It all takes so long! I noticed on another thread you are mental health nurses? Have you applied to AHPRA yet? Exciting isn't it?!

So exciting! I'm planning on submitting ANMAC and AHPRA once I have my employer reference and statement of employment - this is probably going to be mid December, so think I may wait until early next year to submit it, rather than over the Xmas holidays.

Watching your timeline with interest too! Must be feeling very real for you now :)

Exciting times ahead.

Police check doesn't take too long to come back and a medical can only be booked a short while in advance so it should all fall into place just fine :)

That's the medical booked for 4th December 2015 so will need to get on now and do the online police check. Becks I haven't done the aprha yet just sorting everything out. I didn't realise all the documents I sent to ANMAC wasn't forwarded onto aprha so having to get them all signed again! For the police check for visa I was told to you acro.co.uk however when I looked into the aprha they use a different company for police checks - what did you do??

Kyliedonut - we aren't actually ready to move until pete finishes his nurse training next aug/sept so this has come around way to quickly for us!! but so excited that the end is near!! Im a mental health nurse and so will pete be.

Have to say we are both buzzing right now with excited and now panic!! Just need to got on with aprha for me initially as pete will have to wait until he gets his pin number. Any advice would be appreciated.

Did you send the original documents of the syllabus and certificate of qualification??

Good luck to you both too.

Yes, it's so annoying that both agencies want the same stuff but they don't do it the same and use different police checks! If you go on the AHPRA site, there is a link somewhere to their police checks agent, which is fit2work. It was quite a simple process and almost instant. They need everything certified documents wise, so all the syllabus and qualification certificates need to be certified copies, and signed on each page. It was fine for my old diploma qualification as my uni for that sent me a tidy 6 page document with everything needed on it, but my uni for my degree didn't provide such a thing so I had to send all the training booklets from them, which they stamped, ending up with probably close to 100 pages! Luckily, a justice of the peace did all mine for free! Happy to help in any way I can re AHPRA, I had help from a friend who had done it, otherwise I would have got confused I think. I would just get on with it, because although they say it doesn't take long, some cases are much more complex and I know of 3 people for whom it took 9months plus to get their invitation to register. They all had complexities with their training or evidence so if you get it spot on I'm hoping its quicker! I also hoe the visa process is as quick as you have experienced! How long did ANMAC take?

I had a tour round mental health services for metro south ( I believe Noarlunga comes under this patch too) and thought it all seemed quite nice. Staff seemed happy which is more than can be said where I work!:biglaugh:

I have just figured out today that for AHPRA, you need a different police check - it's called Fit2Work, and can be accessed through the AHPRA website. You can do this prior to completing AHPRA, they will just hold onto the certificate until they receive your application, and then match the 2 up.

It seems there are lots of mental health nursing jobs around at the moment in Australia, and I reckon you could both try to secure work before you head out there - even as a newly qualified nurse.

I qualified in September, and moved to London from Scotland to start a job in a big A&E down here. So I'm waiting for my 3 months to be up so I can ask for a reference. Will continue to work and save and attempt to secure a job before I go over to Adelaide, hopefully early 2017. :)

Yes, it's so annoying that both agencies want the same stuff but they don't do it the same and use different police checks! If you go on the AHPRA site, there is a link somewhere to their police checks agent, which is fit2work. It was quite a simple process and almost instant. They need everything certified documents wise, so all the syllabus and qualification certificates need to be certified copies, and signed on each page. It was fine for my old diploma qualification as my uni for that sent me a tidy 6 page document with everything needed on it, but my uni for my degree didn't provide such a thing so I had to send all the training booklets from them, which they stamped, ending up with probably close to 100 pages! Luckily, a justice of the peace did all mine for free! Happy to help in any way I can re AHPRA, I had help from a friend who had done it, otherwise I would have got confused I think. I would just get on with it, because although they say it doesn't take long, some cases are much more complex and I know of 3 people for whom it took 9months plus to get their invitation to register. They all had complexities with their training or evidence so if you get it spot on I'm hoping its quicker! I also hoe the visa process is as quick as you have experienced! How long did ANMAC take?

I had a tour round mental health services for metro south ( I believe Noarlunga comes under this patch too) and thought it all seemed quite nice. Staff seemed happy which is more than can be said where I work!:biglaugh:

Hey Becks22. Just a quick question did you need to complete two background checks, one for AHPRA and then another for your visa? I am just wondering if this check by fit2work can also be used for my 189 application. Many thanks in advance!

Sorry just spent a few days without internet connection! The fit2work for ahpra is separate to the visa police checks. I haven't done the visa ones as yet (still waiting for anmac) but I believe they are the ones you have to get from the police. It's a bit daft as it's all the same thing, but there are many hoops to jump through, this is just one of them! The fit2work was very easy to do though, and I don't think the police ones are difficult, just all costs a bit. Good luck! I'm very excited to be in 2016, hoping this is the year of the move!

#givemepatience to respond to your question it has to be acro police check for visa and them fit2work for aphra ... Real pain

Cheers for your help guys! Best of luck with everything.