Steve_H

Public Transport Newbie question

Hi folks, if I jump on a train and buy a ticket, can I get off an use the same ticket on a bus or do I have to buy a new ticket?

Adelaide Metro website states you can use the same ticket for transfers within 2 hours of buying the ticket - does this include trams and busses?

Thanks

Steve

Yep - that's exactly what it's for, bus, train or tram. It's great if you know you're going to be less than 2 hours on your errand; there and back on the same ticket.

Thank you flossybeth. I am going into the city for a course tonight that's 3 hours long. So I can buy a day ticket for less than $10 on the train and that will cover the train/bus journey including getting home. Seems much less stressful than taking the car/parking.

Thanks again

Steve

It may be worthwhile to get a Metro card for the times you'll want to use public transport. IIRC the intial cost is $5 and then you top up as and when. We have one each for all of us and saves paying on the train/tram etc. Just top up now and again.

Metrocard is the way to go.... Once you have the card you can set an auto reload so its never runs out.... and using transport is actually cheaper with metrocard!

Dan

Thanks guys, didn't know it was cheaper with Metrocard. If I start doing more trips I'll get one. Just jumped on and got my day ticket, paid by card on the train, easy as.

Cheers