mattyegg

NBN - Seaford Rise

Hey Guys,

Anyone using NBN at Seaford Rise area?

If so, which provider are you and are they any good?

Looking for recommendations, most seem to get slammed in online reviews for performance from 6PM onwards.

Cheers

MattyEgg

Not in Seaford Rise or close to it but I think the 6pm thing is normal wherever you are. Its the kids home, parents home, everyone on their devices using the internet, speed slows down dramatically. We notice it in the holidays too, more the shorter breaks or the long weekends but defo slower.

Hey Guys,

Anyone using NBN at Seaford Rise area?

If so, which provider are you and are they any good?

Looking for recommendations, most seem to get slammed in online reviews for performance from 6PM onwards.

Cheers

MattyEgg

Not quite Seaford, but I'm in McLaren Vale and the NBN via Adam Internet (now iiNet) was fantastic until Netflix came along, and, as Snifter says, once people started coming home from work, the speeds dropped dramatically. However, they have recently increased the capacity at the local hub (Stirling I believe) and I don't see any issues in the evenings anymore, I'm on the 50mbps plan and I usually get around 40 - 45 whether it's day or evening.

We use Adam and its good service, we're further south though, we do get the speed they promised. They dont charge for going over the limit but they do throttle to a speed that makes it unusable.. But we've only gone over once, and that was due to a breaking bad session.

We used dodo for normal net when in hc and that was fine, I know they offer nbn now.

Cheers Guys,

Have had a lot of problems with Adam support (after iinet takeover) so not keen to go with them again. Whoever I sign up with I'll probably go on a month to month contract.

Matt

Activ8me.......just $50 a month, 100Gb. Good tech support to, they helped with setting up a different router to the one they supplied and also my voip . They supply a non-voip wifi router for free to if you sign up to a 24month plan.