Woolworths new reward scheme

snifter

So far, its not going well :unsure:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/spend-2-get-2-back-customer-spots-woolworths-rewards-card-fail/story-fnkgdftz-1227606554522

I've already noticed a few of the deals to get money back on the rewards scheme can be bought for the same cheaper overall price in Coles. For example, Coles had Kellogs cornflakes for $4 (think it was every day low price or might have been on special). Normally $5.75. Woolworths were selling them for $5.75 with $1.75 back on the rewards scheme. TBH I'd rather buy 5 boxes at $4 in Coles there and then than eventually get the $$ off a few weeks later on a Woolworths shop.

I didn't really use a reward card in the UK. Didn't have a Tesco or Sainsbury one. But thought their schemes made a bit more sense in how the points worked in the overall shop. Did like my Waitrose card though as it meant I got a free coffee or cuppa whenever I shopped. And some good deals now and again.

How are other people finding it? I shop between the two stores and just keep an eye on what is on special in each anyways and stock up if its something I use. So far I think the scheme is falling rather flat and needs to sort itself out quickly

My son works for Woolies. It appears that they have increased the price of the selected goods so that they seem to be offering a discount that you cash in when you reach $10. Not impressed. They did recently give a 10% discount on the staff card which was ok though!

That doesn't surprise me in the least :skeptical:

I would rather see points gained on the entire shop based on amount spent, not on certain items they change weekly. That I could then spend in store as and when or use in one of their other company owned stores like the bottle shops.

I am not sure who thinks of these "innovative" ideas. They must think the public are stupid. I still have the Everydays rewards card which I think you can use up until December before they phase it out completely. I might not make a lot of points towards a flight but I get enough to get a bit of a discount. We do a lot of shopping at Woolworths and BigW as it is our local shopping area but if they are not careful they could lose us for good.

I am not a fan of Woolies and find some of their offers misleading, even before they introduced their new rewards scheme.

We shop at Coles and use their flybuy points scheme to our advantage as much as possible! We have Medibank extras cover and you can link it to flybuys and you get points for your health premiums and points for spending money on fresh fruit and veg and frozen veg in Coles. We also have a Coles visa card so we get flybuys points added on when we spend on the visa (you get points on everything not just when you spend at Coles), we also got a $50 Coles gift card when we took out the visa card and it has no annual fee. We also receive offers for flybuys through the post/via email for double/triple points etc and the other one we used a while ago was if you spent so much each week for 4 weeks you got a $50 credit on your flybuys card. We usually save our flybuys points up until the end of the year and then trade them in and use them up over the Christmas period. This year we will have around $230.

At the end of the day Coles want my shopping data, but the trade off for that is we get something in return and that is money off our shopping. The key is to not get sucked in buying stuff you don't want to get the points (which we don't).

We have a couple of rewards cards as well as the secondary staff discount card.

I find that the less you use the card the better the incentives become. They give you a $20 incentive on a $60 spend for example...just to get you back in their stores.

Off the topic but still on supermarket topic...the Aldi in Seaford looks close to opening and the Noarlunga build is in full swing (I could walk to that one if I could carry everything!).

Off the topic but still on supermarket topic...the Aldi in Seaford looks close to opening and the Noarlunga build is in full swing (I could walk to that one if I could carry everything!).

If I lived on the road that the one in Seaford is being built on I'd cry every morning - imagine living there for 30 or more years and then all of a sudden that wonderful view of open fields you had was replaced by that great big red concrete wall - why they couldn't they hide it in the new estate that's going up all around, I don't know.

And back on topic... I prefer the Coles style rewards; I mostly shop at Coles because that's what we have here but I like to be able to choose what to do with my rewards (very much like the Tesco Clubcard scheme) - mostly that choice is converting to money off (I think they call it Coles Dollars or something) but if I wanted to buy something from their catalogue I could save really hard! or if we lived over on the east coast we'd possibly use the vouchers for double their worth for the entertainment stuff.