nikkinoodlesuk

watching UK tv thru pc

Hi

We've been using 'tellypass' for few years problem free to watch UK tv, but for some reason my laptop restarted today and now when using Itvplayer or bbc player it won't work as it knows I'm abroad. What do other people use? I have an android box too but our internet ain't too clever so we stopped using it. Atleast with bbc iplayer it gives the option to download and watch later. Thanks in advance

The BBC have been blocking VPNs recently. We use express VPN which costs $99 US a year and has several UK server options to link to and has been fine. Some of the free or cheaper ones have suffered though.

I use "unblock-us". It's not a vpn solution, it's a DNS solution. This means you don't have the slowdown associated with a vpn connection. Anyway it's 50 US dollars a year and is simple to use. It also allows you to look at US free to air TV and US Netflix

I use "unblock-us". It's not a vpn solution, it's a DNS solution. This means you don't have the slowdown associated with a vpn connection. Anyway it's 50 US dollars a year and is simple to use. It also allows you to look at US free to air TV and US Netflix

I don't see BBC, channel 4 and itv player on the list though and the OP wanted UK TV. Does it allow access to these?

it does say BBC I player radio which isn't blocked anyway and is free to access anywhere in the world.

I have tested with the ITV hub and have been able to watch all the back catalogue that I tried. I have an issue watching live TV, but that could be my crappy broadband. I used Unblock-Us it back in Ireland when I needed the BBC iPlayer and the US Netflix and it works here also equally.

I think from memory they give you a 30 day trial without needing a credit card

Edited by bob_kennedy