Dhanamravi

Teaching info

Hi

Thanks thats really helpful. Just hope there are plenty of jobs when we get there.

Carole

Hi Tigerly

Your post is really informative and eye opening. I have got an offer for studying Masters in Teaching with Flinders and also an offer for Graduate Diploma in Education in Adelaide Uni. It would be really helpful for me if you could advise me on which one I can select. I also heard from one of my friends that those who complete Masters in Teaching Australia are not required to produce ISLPR certificate for Teachers registration. Is it so?. But at the same time, Graduate diploma holders need ISLPR after finishing their degree to get TRB registration. Your reply on this is highly appreciated since I have to take a decision based on this. Since I am from non english speaking country, If I do graduate diploma in Education, I think I have to produce ISLPR. If Master degree holders are exempted on this I would prefer doing MAsters instead of Diploma.

Anyone who has got some knowledge in it are highly welcome to comment on this.

thanks & regards

D:unsure:

Thanks thats really helpful. Just hope there are plenty of jobs when we get there.

Carole

Hi

Do anyone has any idea about how many DECD schools are in SA? and how many in Adelaide and country side. Which regions are country school regions? and how many are they? where can I get all this info?

thanks

D

Hi @Dhanamravi

I've split your posts out of the thread you had posted them in, mainly as the people you had quoted have either long ago left the site (accounts closed) or haven't logged into the forum for 3-4 years.

Hopefully some fresher eyes will see this and be able to guide you in the right direction :)

If you haven't seen the site yet, this is the education one for SA

http://www.decd.sa.gov.au/

Here is the list of schools, link on the page there http://www.sa.gov.au/directories/state-schools-and-services

I don't know but I'd think anything outside the local Adelaide/greater Adelaide area would class as country. I know people teaching down Mt Gambier way and up north. They all refer to them as 'country' posts. I'd think places like Victor Harbor would still see Adelaide traffic as its commuting distance if living south of Adelaide but getting further out than that, to the more remote places, longer drives and all that, I'd think of country, but that is only my thinking, not anything concrete on paper IYKWIM. If there is an official chart or table I'd be happy to see it so I could know definitively ;)

hi Sniffer

Thank you for your info on country teaching areas. can you please shed light on the following

. I have got an offer for studying Masters in Teaching with Flinders and also an offer for Graduate Diploma in Education in Adelaide Uni. It would be really helpful for me if you could advise me on which one I can select. I also heard from one of my friends that those who complete Masters in Teaching Australia are not required to produce ISLPR certificate for Teachers registration. Is it so?. But at the same time, Graduate diploma holders need ISLPR after finishing their degree to get TRB registration. Your reply on this is highly appreciated since I have to take a decision based on this. Since I am from non english speaking country, If I do graduate diploma in Education, I think I have to produce ISLPR. If Master degree holders are exempted on this I would prefer doing MAsters instead of Diploma.

Anyone who has got some knowledge in it are highly welcome to comment on this.

thanks & regards

D:unsure: