Cant get skilled Visa

Guest halfadozen

Guest halfadozen

We have been through a migation agent to get a visa & stumbled at the 1st hurdle.I have been employed as a contracts manager for 8 years & in full time employment for 20 years. The training & qualifications i have have done is nobodys business and currently passed a 2 year course NVQ Level 5 in contracts management.Degree equivalent in the UK. Vettassess have just declined my application & suggests that in their view is a diploma only???.I have tried phoning agents from the uk for sponsorship etc but i really thing this option is a myth, my next step will be to speak with the awarding body in the U,K this should be recognised worldwide. I am now having doughts with moving my family to Australia or maybe a visit over will prove me wrong ? any one else have a similar problem that can advise?

Guest Nick11
We have been through a migation agent to get a visa & stumbled at the 1st hurdle.I have been employed as a contracts manager for 8 years & in full time employment for 20 years. The training & qualifications i have have done is nobodys business and currently passed a 2 year course NVQ Level 5 in contracts management.Degree equivalent in the UK. Vettassess have just declined my application & suggests that in their view is a diploma only???.I have tried phoning agents from the uk for sponsorship etc but i really thing this option is a myth, my next step will be to speak with the awarding body in the U,K this should be recognised worldwide. I am now having doughts with moving my family to Australia or maybe a visit over will prove me wrong ? any one else have a similar problem that can advise?

Can't really help - but don't give up.

Took us 3 years to get our visa - jumping through the same hoops most of the time

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick

Guest Bex & Nick

Sorry to hear of your woes. There seem to be lots and lots of contract administrator/manager jobs advertised in Adelaide/SA (just go to seek.com.au) so perhaps you can continue to look at the Employer sponsorship route. Don't give up.