30+ more gone

Guest Guest14361

I have just read your post about your having lived in Adelaide and about the loss of your daughter so sorry to hear that it's must have been dreadful My hubby was a bricklayer and was never ever out of work he did Bitsas ( bits of this and bits of that ) and never looked back Our son who was born in the UK has his own glaziers buisness he has lean times but in the whole he gets plenty of work He has mates who are carpenters etc and if they are out of work it's by choice they could work flat out Seaford and Aldinga are spreading like wild fire so,much building work going on I think your hubby would need to be licensed so he should bring references trade certificates etc

On the down side there are kids in Adelaide exactly as you describe the kids you heard on the park like every where else there are troublesome spots Would you be able to work with young children ,have you any skills that would help in a finding a job It's a hard call which ever way you look at it so good luck either way

We have lived in Adelaide before - we moved in 2006 and hubby walked into a job within days of looking - he's a carpenter..... and that was great. We realised that it probably wouldn't be as easy as that this time and have a contingency but it will realistically only last us 1 month so all the talk of high unemployment is really worrying me.

Has your husband made contact with his previous employer? While I appreciate it was 10 years ago, if your husband was skilled, reliable and a good worker they may be able to offer some work or contacts who could help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...