Skyline123

Do they have Build a Bears in Adelaide???

This is the question our 8 year old daughter keeps asking us!!! We are coming over the middle of July for a look/see, but apparently she can't wait that long, so I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to let us know the answer?

we are Mandy, Rob and Heidi and hoping to check out family areas in Adelaide, that seem to have good reviews on this site, such as Prospect, Glenelg and Happy Valley.

Ive been on and off this site for years while we have dithered over coming to see Adelaide, and have always found it a great source of information, and I really enjoy reading everyone's stories and updates.

Thanks

I know they have one at Westfield Marion

https://www.westfield.com.au/marion/stores/all-stores/build-a-bear-workshop/50641

Can't say if they are elsewhere, its not a store I pay much attention to or ever use. Only know its at Marion as thats my local mall and I shop there more often than the others so keep seeing it.

And glad to hear you've found the forum useful. I hope your planned reccie helps you decide one way or the other. I'm sure you've done lots of research into it all anyways. My main concern in the current climate would be employment as some areas are struggling more than others at present. Everyone is different and some find work, others its a struggle or doesn't happen at all for whatever reason. Be prepared for all eventualities.

Hiya, Your daughter is going to be a happy little Aussie....Build-a-Bear is here. There's a shop at Marion (not far from Glenelg)!

http://www.buildabear.com.au/store-locator.html

My daughter built her bear a few years ago and still loves him dearly. They even do birthday parties there.

The even better news is there are plenty of places to eat, drink and shop at Marion (Westfield Shopping Mall) for the grownups:biggrin:

Thanks Rachel, that all sound perfect... I especially liked the eating and drinking bit for the adults. Our daughter will certainly be a happy bunny now, and likely to be even more excited about coming over..... If that's possible!!

Hi Snifter, thanks for the link, we have shown our daughter and she is now suitably pacified!! Phew...

Yes, we are concerned about the employment situation, it is a worry. I also have not been able to get a feel from this site for the jobs Rob and I are in, as I never see anyone mentioning tourism or social care employment. We are coming with an open mind, and hopefully to explore the job market and make an informed decision. Your right, we have spent years researching Adelaide and debating the pros and cons of us coming over but now we are excited to finally be coming over to see it.

Thanks again :)

Ah that's good to know. Thanks for taking the time to answer

Also I've really enjoyed reading your posts over the past year. Really glad to see its working out for you. X